Best character dinner?

iu97alum

DIS Veteran
So, we've decided to arrive on a Sunday evening in January. Given that I really want introduce my girls (DD4 and DD2 1/2) to some characters, I thought we should do a character dinner our first night, before we do any park touring. Which Character dinner would be a fun one to attend? Any suggestions? The littlest one LOVES all things Mickey but also knows her princesses. My oldest one loves all characters. :)

TIA! :flower3:

Thanks! I can't decide if we should do a resort meal (ie Chef Mickey) or introduce the girls to MK (by going to LTT or CP). :) I meant also to say I'm not that interested in Ohana as the girls really don't know Lilo and Stitch, (tho I do and would LOVE IT! ;) )

'Ohana Lilo & Stich are for breakfast only.

We love 1900 Park Fare for dinner. You will too.
GRAND FLORIDIAN

Regulars include Cinderella and her Storybook Friends
Usually appearing - Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother

Menu:

Starters - spring mixed greens, Caesar Salad, Dressings, Broccoli Salad with cashews, Greek salad, ambrosia, tomato mozzarella salad, macaroni salad, apple with port vinaigrette, peel and eat shrimp

Soups - cream of mushroom, tomato florentine, and chilled strawberry

Accompaniments - sweet potato and red bliss mashed potatoe, brown gravy, carrot and broccoli medley, sauteed squash with chives, niblet corn

Entrees - Chef's freshly prepared pasta, roasted prime rib of beef, mojo marinated turkey breast, salmon with a caper butter sauce, curry chicken with Israeli couscous, apple chutney stuffed pork loin with apple glaze, portobello raviolis with a pesto cream, mussels in ginger broth, salmon with a dill cream sauce, chicken marsala, cheese lasagna, Italian sausage with peppers, chorizo stuffed pork loin with mango barbeque sauce, vegetable egg rolls, mussels in tomato broth

Children's Corner - chicken nuggets, cheese and macaroni, mini corn dogs, pasta marinara, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, niblet corn, cheese pizza and fresh vegetables

Desserts - apple cobbler, bread pudding, brownies, key lime tarts, linzer torte, rice krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, lemon cheesecake tart, Edy's Soft Serve Ice Cream

COST: $28.99/adults; Children 3-9 $13.99

Tax and gratuity extra

Well I was going to suggest the CP - great characters and you get to start your trip in the MK with Cinderella's castle right there! But I have to say the Park 1900 fare sounds mouth-watering!

We start our family vacations always at Chef Mickey's...totally puts you in the spirit! BUT we always do Park Fare and Crystal Palace. I find Park Fare very low key and relaxing compared to the other meals. Hopefully with it undergoing renovations it won't take away from that!

if this is their 1st character meal than I would absolutely recommend CM. I also like CP if they like Pooh & Friends.

I would have to agree on CM, really starts things off with a bang. If this is your first time, and it will be the evening, I would NOT take them to an in park meal. They will be too overwhelmed with actually being at a park that they will lose interest in dinner, and you will have a hard time getting them out!!

I also have to vote with Chef Mickey - if you are just coming in that day and not visiting a park it will get you in the spirit of things quick - depending on where you are staying - you can take take the bus into Magic Kingdom or Epcot and then navigate your way over to the Contemporary on the monorail (which my kids enjoy as much as a park ride) and the character interaction is great.

Another vote for Chef Mickey's!! Start them off with the classics, LOL!

I would have to agree on CM, really starts things off with a bang. If this is your first time, and it will be the evening, I would NOT take them to an in park meal. They will be too overwhelmed with actually being at a park that they will lose interest in dinner, and you will have a hard time getting them out!!

Yup, this is their first time at disney. :) I thought it would be nice to introduce them to MK but I don' want them overwhelmed! :scared1: I've been leaning twoards CM b/c well, that's DISNEY, right? :) We're going to be staying at the VWL so I guess I'd need to check into the length of time for getting to CM from there. THanks!

I also send my vote for 1900 Park Fare.
I went this past June for my 21st birthday dinner, we had great character interaction, service was excellent, and the food was amazing.
Plus the Grand Flordian is one resort you would not want to miss taking a peek at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter