• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Character breakfast?

stormyR

Earning My Ears
Crossing my fingers for Tusker House, but considering we are going in 2 months and have made NO reservations so far, I'm not holding out much hope.

We are getting military discounts so no DDP. I want to make sure the few TS meals we eat are worth it.

It will be Me, DH, my 76 yr old mom, and our 2 yr old DD. DD doesn't watch TV or movies yet, so she doesn't have any favorite characters.

So whats the next best character breakfast after Tusker House? I would be open to a character lunch too, as long as its not at one of the parks, bc I wouldn't want to waste park time with a TS lunch, but wouldn't mind on one of our free days going to a Character lunch at one of the resorts.

Well, even tho you said you did not want a character meal in any of the parks......

Perhaps on a day you are scheduled to go to MK, you would consider an early morning (8:10 or so) breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends. This is a long-standing favorite, food is great and it is just such a pretty place. Having the opportunity to walk down Main Street virtually alone is a memory to cherish. (Yes, it is still possible to snag a character breakfast reservation. ;))

Crossing my fingers for Tusker House, but considering we are going in 2 months and have made NO reservations so far, I'm not holding out much hope.

We are getting military discounts so no DDP. I want to make sure the few TS meals we eat are worth it.

It will be Me, DH, my 76 yr old mom, and our 2 yr old DD. DD doesn't watch TV or movies yet, so she doesn't have any favorite characters.

So whats the next best character breakfast after Tusker House? I would be open to a character lunch too, as long as its not at one of the parks, bc I wouldn't want to waste park time with a TS lunch, but wouldn't mind on one of our free days going to a Character lunch at one of the resorts.

We've never eaten at Tusker House, so I can't compare anything to that, but our favorite character breakfast is Cape May at the BC. The atmosphere is nice, the buffet has a lot of variety, and the characters are dressed in beach clothes. We love Cape May as it's a must do for us every trip :goodvibes.

I think Tusker House character breakfast is one of the best.

Other non park character breakfast you can try are Ohana at Polynesian Resort or Chef Mickey at Contemporary Resort. I believe even Grand Floridian also have character breakfast as well.

Resorts in my opinion-
Chef Mickey's Breakfast- Food is Good at Breakfast, character interaction is usually quick and it is really crowded and loud.

1900 Park Fair Supercalifragilistic Breakfast-Food is standard choice, good, character interaction is usually good, Mad Hatter very entertaining. It bust but not as loud as Chef Mickey's.

Ohana's- Food is good, character interaction good, a little more laid back than previous except for the parade with the kids.

Cape May- food again is good, Charaacter interaction is pretty quick, probably the most laid back character meal of them all. More relaxed atmosphere, very pleasant, for a small child this would be my first choice.

BTW-Tusker House can usually be snagged for a breakfast just keep trying. It's my fav breakfast in all WDW. Love the characters, love the atmosphere, love AK. Were going twice on our upcoming trip!

Tusker house for breakfast is really good, but it also depends if you have specific characters in mind! Good luck

Tusker House for breakfast is great, if you don't get an ADR, keep trying, I've never had a problem getting in there.

For a resort meal, I'd recommend Cape May at the Beach Club for breakfast or Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. Cape May is definitely the more quiet and laid back of the two.

I agree with a PP about CP at MK being great for breakfast also, maybe try to get in there before park opening so you don't lose park time.

Our favorite character breakfast is definitely Cape May because it is laid back, the food is really good with a nice variety and the character interaction is good as well especially towards the end of the breakfast...the characters will spend more time with you.:thumbsup2

Feel free to check out my review with tons of photos if you haven't already seen it:

Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter