Best chances for walk up able for four or five?

PJAY

We just went for a tour and came out DVC owners! O
Okay, dear old dad just informed me that after decades of going to Florida and staying at a time share just outside Disney's gates, that he finally wants to check out one of the parks--specifically EPCOT.
He wants to eat at the WS but obviously doesn't have a ressie and I don't like the chances of getting one now although I will try. (He really wants to try Chefs de France).
Barring a reservation miracle, what restaurants do you think he will be able to walk up and get a table at for four or five adults? They don't have any interest in British or Mexican fare but everything else is fair game. TIA

Depending on the time of year and the time of day there is a possibility of walkups probably everywhere but Le Cellier or Akershus, but the most likely would probably be Nine Dragons, Marrakesh or Biergarten.

They are going in TWO WEEKS :eek:
and I agree, lunch would be better but they are golfers and they plan on hitting 18 or 36 before retiring for the day.

They should have something available still. We are going in a few weeks and have been able to change our reservations times, dates etc...

There will be a signboard just outside Guest Relations listing what restaurants are available that day for both lunch and dinner.

I was there in September during Free Dining, and everywhere but Le Cellier and Akershus had at least some availability for dinner on both days I looked (the sign can say AVAILABLE, LIMITED, ASK AT RESTAURANT, or NOT AVAILABLE).

Mid-January is pretty slow. And I have to say, knowing golfers, if they play 18 holes I'd expect them to tee off at 7 am and be ready for lunch by 1 or 2?

Lunch is your best bet for walkups in WS. Just get there when they open and get your name on the list. Last time we were at Chefs de France, there were walkups being seated before us and we had an ADR.

You can check for reservations online and book one for them in case no walk ups are available. Also - make sure they know they will have to pay for a full day of admission even to just go in the evening and have dinner. That's an expensive dinner!!

In two weeks - no problem. January is usually very relaxed, although it would be a good idea if he called wdw-dine from his cell that morning and see if he can get a reservation, rather than do a walk-up. Last January, we couldn't get an immediate walk-up at Tony's in MK for lunch (it was freezing and everyone was going into TS restaurants to eat). I called the dining number and got a reservation within 5 minutes of when I called!

1) As mentioned above, lunch is your far better bet.
2) But, you can always try dinner.
3) Just don't be disappointed is dinner is full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter