Best case for iPhone 5c?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
DD10 will be getting an iPhone 5c for xmas. I have already told her she will have a case that serves the purpose of actually protecting the phone, not just make it look nice.

I have an iPhone 4s and have always used an Otterbox commuter case. I did try the defender case but it was just too bulky for me. I love my commuter case and had the same one almost 2 years until DH took it off and ripped it by taking it off wrong.

I was thinking about getting DD the otter box commuter for the 5c but some of the reviews make it seem like the design isn't the best for the 5c and isn't as good as previous cases?

Anyone have any recommendations or a positive review for the otter box for the 5c. (DH is a fan of Lifeproof cases but I have seen too many people have issues where people say that can't hear the caller very well)

Thanks!

How often do you charge the phone? If more than once a day... consider a battery case.

My DS has this case and has been very happy with it.
I noticed his friend also has the same case.
It's protective but not too bulky.
At least for boys, they need to be able to slide the phone in and out of their from jeans' pockets easily.

http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Product...UTF8&qid=1416246653&sr=8-12&keywords=speck+5c

I have this case on my 5C as well. I actually found it at Target last year. Haven't had any problems with it. DD20 had one like this too on her 5C and bought a cute case at WDW a couple of weeks ago. 5 days later she dropped it and her screen shattered. :headache:

My DD is also 10yrs old and she has the iphone 5C. We opted for the Lifeproof case and absolutely LOVE IT! My husband and I love the over-the-top protection it offers (especially that it's completely waterproof) and my daughter loves that it's clear so that she can see her cute blue phone. :)

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-5c/iphone-5c-case/?color=Clear+/+White

We got a Lifeproof for my DD13 and after only 6 months of use, the screen covering has broken/come apart from the case. Thank goodness we noticed this before it got tossed into water! I'm extremely dissappointed about spending $80 on a "life proof" case that fell apart in 6 months while my Otterbox Commuter is still going strong with minimal wear in 9 months. I'm contacting the company about the warranty and getting a Commuter for DD instead.

We have Otterbox Defender cases on our iPhone 5c's. The commuter just has a film on top of the screen, but the defender has a hard plastic screen cover (if that makes sense:good vibes)
I went online to youtube and watched demonstrations of putting the commuter and defender on the phone and was able to see the difference.

We have Otterbox Defender cases on our iPhone 5c's. The commuter just has a film on top of the screen, but the defender has a hard plastic screen cover (if that makes sense:good vibes)
I went online to youtube and watched demonstrations of putting the commuter and defender on the phone and was able to see the difference.

I had the defender but found it to be too big/bulky. So exchanged it for the commuter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter