Best Carry-in Snacks

wrw0010

Earning My Ears
My family loves the Welch's fruit snacks and Quaker Chocolate Chip granola bars. I'm wondering how well those will do in the heat though. I'm concerned the Quaker bars may be a big chocolate mess.

We're definitely going to carry in come Chrystal Light/Gatorade sleeves to put in our water bottles.

What are your favorite snacks and drinks to carry in? Do you carry a soft side cooler? Is it easier to keep the stuff in a locker that you return to occasionally or just keep in in a bag or backpack on your person?

We bring snack packs of peanut butter crackers or granola bars. Something with a little protein is good because kids need the extra calories because they're walking so much!

We've brought in those granola bars in August. We usually carry a small rucksack all day, and we have a water bottle with ice in it that keeps the snacks cool. I don't remember any issues with the chocolate chips, but there are plenty of granola bars that don't have chocolate in them if you're concerned.
We also carry PB crackers or those little breadsticks-and-cheese thingies. All work to stave off hunger while you wait for your next meal.

Me and my DDs (5 & 6) like the little carrots that you can get in the snack size bags. Crackers (cheese or peanut butter), Goldfish (I like them too).

I was against buying any snacks at teh park because I try to feed my kids as healthy as possible, but I've recently had the epiphany that a snack from the park does add to the joy of the park, especially for my kids age. So, ONE snack at each park.

This will be my last trip with a stroller, so I am using a soft-side cooler, but after that I Think I'll keep the cooler in the locker.

Hollywood Studios Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159097

Animal Kingdom Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158273

Magic Kingdom Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2162490

We'll definitely eat a few snacks in the park. I've gotta have that orange and cream frozen thing (can't remember what it's called).

I may carry some jerky too. I need meat in my snacks.

We've done granola bars too, without any problems. Goldfish are a favorite of my DS too.

Beef jerky (especially the slim jim kinds that come individually wrapped) were big with my kids. We brought a ton of those flavor packets for the water, but it was so hot when we went (July) that they preferred to just have the plain water so I still have those 2 years later!

Well we usually pack too many snacks but its nice to have something to distract our kids while waiting in line. :) Over the years we've packed twizzlers (our DSs favorite), pb crackers, those cheese/breadstick things, tootsie rolls/suckers (DH favorite), dots, granola bars, and my favorite now is the individual packs of peanuts, cashews and honey roasted peanuts. Of course, water bottles too. Have fun packing the snack bag!!!

Lynn

Granola bars with chocolate chips are fine, but not the kind with the whole bottom coated with chocolate or peanut butter. Not that I've ever done that.:rolleyes1 Peanut butter crackers, trail mix, fruit leather all work for us. We do have a snack in the parks each day though also, part of the magic.

We almost always bring Goldfish and on a few trips we've brought frozen grapes. The frozen grapes are a very refreshing treat when it's hot out.

crystal light and gatorade sleeves for drinks, water bottle that we refill in park or pour in left over drinks or ice from TS meals, fruit snacks, granola bars, small packs of mixed nuts, teddy grams, goldfish, and those snack packs of welch's dried fruit are things we've taken on our trips

we packed some pringles, goldfish, some fruit snacks and those mini strawberry fig newtons in a pouch. welch's juice bottles and water of course. we saved cups and just asked for ice(its free) and had nice cold drinks whenever we wanted.

We pack goldfish, grapes (frozen and non-frozen), mellon in ziplock, frozen water bottles, apples, cheez its.

I am going to pack hard pretzels, goldfish, grapes, apples and water. I have some easter candy left, non melty things so Ill bring them too(candy necklace for little one, tootsie rolls)

We normally take goldfish, granola bars, frito's (for DH) & water. Half the time we end up just grabbing a snack in the parks. DH thinks we are at Disney & if you want a snack get it. As you can eat the other stuff every other day. I like that thinking. :laundy:

I like that thinking too, but a lot of time we used the snacks (especially when the kids were younger) as much to keep them occupied in line and keep a little in their stomachs, as to just save money. If they were peeling apart a piece of licorice or opening a gum wrapper, then they WEREN'T poking their brother or teasing someone or whining about how much longer! ;)

I like that thinking too, but a lot of time we used the snacks (especially when the kids were younger) as much to keep them occupied in line and keep a little in their stomachs, as to just save money. If they were peeling apart a piece of licorice or opening a gum wrapper, then they WEREN'T poking their brother or teasing someone or whining about how much longer! ;)

Exactly what I was thinking about candy necklace and tootsie rolls(those darn things you could spend a lot of line waiting time getting them out of your teeth:lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter