Best Camera to bring with you?

mandaminnie1

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! I think i posted this initially in the wrong spot sorry about that! i am a disboards newbie! We are going to Disney World this December for the first time ever! And i want to purchase a good quality camera to bring around the parks that will capture all of the beauty! I was looking at the canon g5x but i wanted to see if any of you had any insights? i want it to be a great all around, day time, night time and fireworks.

thanks! *o*

First of all, think about this. Why are you going to the World? To take pictures? Or have a great vacation? They are NOT the same. REALLY good shots take time and, most of all, thought. You're just not going to have either of those in abundance in most cases. Unless you leave everyone and go off by yourself. How is that a vacation?

All that being said, set a budget. Assuming ~$700 based on your example. Top one in that range is probably the Panasonic ZS100. Check out DPReview.com - you'll have a lot of info at your fingertips. B&H, Buydig, CostCo, and Amazon are your best purchase locations.

First of all, think about this. Why are you going to the World? To take pictures? Or have a great vacation? They are NOT the same. REALLY good shots take time and, most of all, thought. You're just not going to have either of those in abundance in most cases. Unless you leave everyone and go off by yourself. How is that a vacation?

All that being said, set a budget. Assuming ~$700 based on your example. Top one in that range is probably the Panasonic ZS100. Check out DPReview.com - you'll have a lot of info at your fingertips. B&H, Buydig, CostCo, and Amazon are your best purchase locations.

Plenty of people take really nice photos on vacation without abandoning their families. There is a lot of middle ground to be had.

That said, the OP needs to find a camera they are happy with and really learn to use it before they leave home.

You're on the right track. There are many enthusiast models essentially using the same 1" sensor -- much better image quality and low light capability than a typical p&s.
The Sony rx100 is probably the leader, but they each have different pros and cons. Look at the reviews and see what feels most comfortable for you.

Hi Everyone! I think i posted this initially in the wrong spot sorry about that! i am a disboards newbie! We are going to Disney World this December for the first time ever! And i want to purchase a good quality camera to bring around the parks that will capture all of the beauty! I was looking at the canon g5x but i wanted to see if any of you had any insights? i want it to be a great all around, day time, night time and fireworks.
thanks! *o*

The Canon G5X and Panasonic are good choices
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter