Best Burger on Property?

I've never had a "great" burger in Disney. I come from a beef family and married into a HUGE beef family (grandpa is president of the Colorado Cattlemen's Association) so I may be a little picky.
There's decent burgers but I've never been too impressed with the quality of the beef itself. It seems like all the patties are the same no matter where you go and the difference is in the dressing. Good toppings and an okay burger but nothing "OMG" worthy.

That being said I'll still take a cheeseburger over everything. And I love Tony's so can my judgement really be trusted? :rotfl:

That being said, I liked the Plaza burger but found the bun too big and dry. Kinda took away from the burger.

There seems to be some disagreement in what a "burger" is supposed to be so I'll throw my very biased opinion into the mix:

I consider a real burger to be a good beef patty on a traditional bun that you can add toppings to to suite your own taste. I have a problem with any chef deciding what I should like on my burger or what kind of bun it should be on. I prefer minimal toppings so I can still taste the beef because I happen to like beef.

If you like a bunch of slop on your burger, that's fine. Not everyone does.

Le Cellier used to have a very good burger, but what they have now is slop. Most of the Disney-run restaurants have some sort of version of a halfway decent burger, but they seem to think a huge, tasteless bun makes them special so they can charge $16 for their $8 burgers.

I haven't had a burger at the Dolphin, but I suspect it is far superior since it's not run by Disney. I know the other restaurants there are much better.

Other than that, I'll take a Rainforest Cafe burger over any in the parks.

Disney also needs to get back to basics on hot dogs, too! They've ruined a great American tradition.

We don't usually eat hamburgers/cheeseburgers at WDW, but we did have one at Sci-Fi and it was the best burger that I had on property, but then again I am not comparing it to anything really since I don't eat burgers from any of the CS restaurants. And like I said before, we don't normally eat burgers on property. My DD10 and DH requested that we go back to Sci-Fi for our upcoming trip just for the burgers and shakes....oh yeah, the atmosphere at the Sci-Fi doesn't hurt either :goodvibes.

House of Blues or Raglan in DTD. ESPN on the Boardwalk.

I've never had a "great" burger in Disney. I come from a beef family and married into a HUGE beef family (grandpa is president of the Colorado Cattlemen's Association) so I may be a little picky.
There's decent burgers but I've never been too impressed with the quality of the beef itself. It seems like all the patties are the same no matter where you go and the difference is in the dressing. Good toppings and an okay burger but nothing "OMG" worthy.

That being said I'll still take a cheeseburger over everything. And I love Tony's so can my judgement really be trusted? :rotfl:

That being said, I liked the Plaza burger but found the bun too big and dry. Kinda took away from the burger.

I completely understand what you are saying, but in fairness the question was best burger you have had on property not best burger you ever had anywhere. Like most of the other posters in this thread I don't eat alot of burgers at Disney. We stayed 14 nights this past Dec and I had 2 maybe 3 burgers in 15 days. There probably is a better burger than the Sci-Fi one, but when I get to the "fancy" places I don't want to waste a free dining credit on a burger. :)

For us, on our last trip it was Hurricane Hanna's, by the pool at the Beach Club. I'm not kidding! We had burgers there and at Beaches and Cream, and preferred HH. Definitely, those two places have the best good old-fashioned hamburger on property in my opinion.

For us, on our last trip it was Hurricane Hanna's, by the pool at the Beach Club. I'm not kidding! We had burgers there and at Beaches and Cream, and preferred HH. Definitely, those two places have the best good old-fashioned hamburger on property in my opinion.

I second that! I preferred Hurricane Hanna's to B&C too! So delicious!!

Angus Chuck Kahuna Burger is one of my favs is on lunch menu at kona at the poly and pretty easy to get into at lunch

Liberty Tree Tavern, it's a debate between the hamburger (mushrooms, swiss & bacon) and the Pot Roast every time.

Sci-Fi, very good hamburger as well w/ mushrooms, cheddar & bacon! and if you're lucky the onions rings come hot and not too greasy to the table!

Best Resort hamburger, hands down Olivia's OKW, again with bacon & cheddar!

I think I'm salivating just thinking about it!

To Do list: Hamburger at Beaches & Cream!

The place outside at beach club i forgot the name! Or maybe peco bills they are pretty amazing and i love the topping bar :)

This is going to sound stupid but I actually had a really good burger from room service at BLT. :lmao::lmao: Maybe I was just super hungry that day.

kobe beef burger at yak & yeti at Animal Kingdom

I did not know they had a Kobe Beef Burger, I am so on that.

I can't add to the best burger since I think Shake Shack (NYC) and BLT Burger (Vegas) are the two top burger joints that I have been too so far. Ill put the Vortex in Atlanta a close 3rd.

I have been to BC and HH and they are both ok nothing really special. As for the Sci-Fi Dine In, I didn't grab a burger but I did have their BBQ Chicken sandwich and that was pretty good.

Ill put the Vortex in Atlanta a close 3rd.

I had to bold text Jeff's quote because I believe The Fountain at the Dolphin resort has the best burger on property. This location is considered table service, but it's NOT on the dining plan because it's one of the Swan/Dolphin eateries.

If you have the dining plan, I guess Sci Fi would be ok.
I'm considering leaving DHS for lunch during this trip and this might just work for us. Thanks to all who posted this.

An odd choice, but on a whim I finally had a burger at Raglan Road. Might be the best I've had on property. Great basic burger (on a apr with B&C), but really elevated with ham (ok, "Irish bacon") and Dubliner cheese, as well as a homemade tomato chutney in lieu of ketchup. So many good things on the menu I could see skipping this, but an amazing burger.

An odd choice, but on a whim I finally had a burger at Raglan Road. Might be the best I've had on property. Great basic burger (on a apr with B&C), but really elevated with ham (ok, "Irish bacon") and Dubliner cheese, as well as a homemade tomato chutney in lieu of ketchup. So many good things on the menu I could see skipping this, but an amazing burger.

I usually get the fish and chips at Raglan Road, but now I'm thinking about taking a ride to try their burger.

"lobster" is not a burger. :rotfl:

As a beef producer I know good burgers. I thought the Sci-Fi burger was pretty good. However, I've found that most of the burgers on property are similar in quality...it almost seems like they are pre made and then re heated at each local. That's the BEEF ones..because I probably wouldn't order the lobster one.

The "lobster" burger I was referring to is the Grand Floridian Burger - Angus Chuck Burger, Butter-poached Lobster with red onion marmalade, crispy prosciutto and arugula on a brioche bun with chips $19.49. The burger you are referring to is an individually quick frozen patty that is convenient to cook for Chef's with minimal prep time to produce for the mass quantities that they serve. I am a Chef and can taste quality over convience. That is why I selected this burger as my personal favorite burger.

Best burger I've ever had in my life (not just WDW) is the burger at Le Celier. The first time I ordered it, I had also ordered an appetizer. When the burger came, I was so full from the appetizer that I was only able to eat a few bites. It was so good, that I almost cried that I didn't have room to finish it! LOL!!!

Now when I go there, I don't order any apps (not even my beloved cheese soup), so that I have plenty of room for that awesome burger!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter