Best Building to request near HH at OKW?

aesalsa

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone!

My family and I will be staying at OKW for the first time next month. We have a HH (Near Hospitality House) 1-bedroom guaranteed. I remember reading something about one of these buildings having a bad view of A/C units or garbage or something, lol.

So what do you experts suggest? Also, would it be better to do online check-in or just fax in the request since it would be more specific?

Thanks so much!

We were in a corner room in building 14 last year. It was so loud. We over looked the main road pulling into the resort. I could not believe how loud the buses were. I never noticed that at any resort before. It actually kept me up sometimes. I wouldn't want that building again.

Thanks, Stormer! That's good to know. The guys over at TouringPlans really like 13, but another reviewer likes 12.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I'd think I would go with the ones across the bridge (23-26) instead of the ones right across the street from the HH (11-14).

I'd think I would go with the ones across the bridge (23-26) instead of the ones right across the street from the HH (11-14).

I agree. I've stayed HH at OKW twice this year and both times I requested buildings 11 or 12 and both times they put me across the bridge in the 23-26 section. As you can see, request are just that and I didn't get mine either time, but I'm starting to get use to the buildings across the bridge. They are very quiet and the views are better. The walk looks long, but really isn't, plus if you drive, the parking is better than the 11-14 section.

Thanks Deb & Bill and n2mm! We are flying in, so parking isn't a factor.
I appreciate the advice! I do enjoy a great view, and it seems like it would be a pleasant walk to HH from 23 - 26. Have a happy Sunday, y'all :wave2:!

Off-topic, but I miss the avatar tags with this board format! I'm not on here on the boards now like I was 12 years ago. I miss the Tag Fairy ;-).

My first time at OKW we stayed at 26 and had a great time. walked to the gurgling suitcase all the time. My last time there we stayed in building 13. and that was probably better. Had great view over water and the walk to the HH was almost too easy. Usually I will double check I have everything I need before heading out but in 13 there was no worries.
I'm really surprised about noise complaints in 14, because in 13 it was completely tranquil. The only problem I had with 13 was parking, but that was just on check in day. it is moot for you since you're not driving though.
I think when it goes to making request your best bet is doing it at check in. Actually speaking to the CM and seeing what they can do for you. I'm not exactly sure about this since DW usually handles these situations. But I know we always go to check in at the desk because that works best for us.
Enjoy OKW I'm super jelly. It has been our go to place the last half dozen times, we would be going there in Feb. for the Princess if we had the opportunity, but now we are going to see what SSR is like. You will get spoiled by the huge 1bdrm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!