Best building at OKW

We absolutely love "Canal View" - building 55 is perfect for us! :banana:

For us it's building 18 - next to a quiet pool, very near Miller's Rd bus stop (which is the last stop out before HH) and a short, direct walk to HH.

You're going to get a lot of differing opinions, since it is all personal preference. My favorites are bldgs 30 to 33 and 35, followed closely by the canal view buildings of 45, 46 and 55. If you're getting a one bedroom or larger, please know that there was a design change during OKW construction that, depending upon the make up of your travelling party, could make a difference. Buildings 11 to 29 have one entrance to the master bath, THROUGH the master bedroom. In building 30 and above, a second bathroom entrance was added through the laundry room.

Last edited:

We're here right now (using the computer on the porch) in building 28, and I'm so happy with the location. We love the proximity to the main pool and to a bus stop. The view isn't the greatest-although it overlooks the golf course, we mostly see trees. However, it's so quiet and peaceful. When I made the reservations, I'd asked for Miller's Road buildings 15, 16, 17, or 18. However, this one's worked out well. It's also just a short walk to the main general store. I agree with what Chuck said-that you'll get differing opinions. We've stayed in the Turtle Pond area a few times and weren't thrilled, but then he might not be thrilled with the Miller's Road buildings.

Of the ones I've stayed in, 37 was my favorite. Water and golf course view, quiet.

Thanks everyone for their opinions! We have a 2 bedroom unit I would like something not too far from the hospitality house. Last time I was in building 36 and I didn't care for it. I guess everyone does have their own opinion.

Does anyone know which buildings they block off for guest who have first dibs on near hospitality house?

Bojo and peajay18....

IXNAY on the UMBERSNAY!

Not just one, but two of my favs....

:eek: :faint:

Does anyone know which buildings they block off for guest who have first dibs on near hospitality house?

Near HH at OKW includes Buildings 11-14 and 23-26. Besides those, Buildings 16, 15, 62, 63,64, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28 and 29 are all reasonably close to HH but not included in the HH category.

Building 16 was the location of the original OKW model villas (one lock-off 2BR and one GV). Building 62 is on the site of Commodore House, the original DVC sales office (later relocated to BWV and then to it's present SSR location).

Buildings 62, 16, 17, 18 and 19 all have a great view of the peninsular golf green and the surrounding pond. Buildings 63, 64 and 15 have a nice view of the island gold green (note the duck decoy in the pond). Buildings 27, 28, 29 have views towards the LBV fairway.

There are great locations and views all around the OKW resort.

Enjoy! :)

Building 46 - taken from across the Trumbo Canal at dawn - January 2003
9488WDWJan03_007.jpg

We have stayed at Old Key West four times and love, love, love it! However, we have NEVER had a view. :( Our buildings have been 29, 38 (twice), and 53....bamboo jungle every time. I long for the day when we finally get a view of the canal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter