Best Building at HH?

Yankee914

Mouseketeer
We'll be going to HH in July. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions about the most convenient building to stay in? We have a one bedroom, the other family in our party will be in a two-bedroom. We'd like to have a marsh view, but be nearer to the pool, etc., but not be on top of the action. Also -- wondering if there are any other suggestions regarding good stuff to do at HH -- at the resort and elsewhere. Husband is a big golf nut. Thanks!

There are a total of 21 1BR villas at the resort. 16 of those are in the Live Oak Lodge area -buildings 11,12- and most of those have a marsh view. There are no 2BR villas in those buildings (these are all lock-offs, usually reserved only as studios and 1BR villas).

The remaining 5 1BR villas are found under the GV's. These would all be closer to the pool- but in reality nothing is far from anything at the resort, it is a very compact place and can be walked end-to-end in less than 10 minutes easily.

Here is a HH layout report.

There are lots of activities for all ages at the resort. The recreation staff is the best and will also have suggestions/discounts for golf courses and can arrange tee-times.

All sorts of water-related activities are available as well as horseback riding, great dining options and shopping. Canoeing, kayayking, golf, biking, tennis, shelling, fishing, Dolphin tours, nature hikes, crabbing, wine tasting and many more activities can be arranged thru the resort staff.

Enjoy!

"Golf nut"-that describes my DH too. His favorite (so far) at HH is probably the Robert Trent Jones course just across the street a little ways. He's played 2 of the 3 courses over there and really liked them. He also played Harbourtown Golf Links, said every golfer needs to experience it once, and for him once was enough (fortunately since it's expensive).
Our farorite one bedrooms are in the Main Lodge, but if you want to be near your traveling companions in a 2 BR, there aren't any 2 BRs there, but great views. Also, I loved being able to go to Big Murgie's Den for cookies and newspaper reading without going outside.

We've stayed in all sorts of different rooms & views. Each one turns out to be our favorite for the week. The resort is small enough that it's really a quick walk from where ever you are to where you want to be. For us, the only thing we don't want is a pool view. Our youngest is only 6 and we'd like to have some time away from the pool. ;) With it staring at him day and night, I'm sure that's all that would be on his mind. :teeth:

When in July are you going? We'll be there the last week. It's hot, humid and perfect for beach and pool activities. Our kids love to crab fish from the pier. Riding bikes is another must for us. We find new adventures all the time that our bikes will take us too. The paths are paved and smooth, making for easy riding. Our youngest has been riding with us for a couple of years now with no problem or complaining.

We enjoy doing the beach combing outing and shark fishing arranged through the resort and Low Country Nature Tours. While pricy, we find they are the highlight of our trips. :fish: We save to be able to do both each summer. We also find that cooking most meals in the villa is a relaxing vacation for us. Definately not something I enjoy doing at home so I was rather surprised when we found that to be the best option for us.

There are a lot of activiites planned through the resort. We enjoy a lot of them and they will provide you with a list of them when you check in.

I can't help in the golf area, as neither my DH or I golf. One of these days, we'll learn and I'm sure it will be another highlight of our Hilton Head week.

Have fun. :tigger:

We stayed in Building 18 (I think) this fall. It was a 1 BR under a GV. I believe there were 2BR's on the other side. It was a very convenient place to be. You were close enough to the pool and everything around it, but you weren't too far from the main lodge building either. I liked the location, but beware that when you are under a GV, you can hear the people above you walking around. It can get pretty loud too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter