Best Buffet Option

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I will be heading back to WDW for the 4th time in my life (although I forget my 1st trip because it was back in 2003) in October. I am starting to plan my dining so I can plan my parks out (I plan how often we visit each park based on where we want to eat to avoid unnecessary hopping). Last trip I ate at TH for the ROL dining package, we had a breakfast reservation that overlapped with lunch. This trip I am taking my dad and he has never been, he isn't a big theme park person, but I know he will enjoy it, especially Epcot and AK cause he loves animals and loves History and food.

I am thinking of doing TH again but not sure if my dad will be up for it, I am hoping to do at least one buffet. We don't care too much about character dining, so we don't care what characters are there. I am looking for a good lunch buffet or even breakfast buffet again. It can be any park or even a resort, so no holding us back there. Please share what buffets you love!

My dad isn't a seafood person really (he eats some shrimp, salmon, and swordfish but is super picky about it) nor does he like restaurants that smell of fish (he will refuse to eat there), other than that he will be open to anything.

Totally agree with the two above suggestions! In addition, I also like Boma, 1900 Park Fare, and the one you already went to -- Tusker House.

Trails End has pretty standard fare. Garden Grill too but there are characters and they serve it family style. Liberty Tree serves dinner family style as well

Trails End has pretty standard fare. Garden Grill too but there are characters and they serve it family style. Liberty Tree serves dinner family style as well

We don't mind doing a character breakfast, we just didn't have a preference of who we would be meeting.

The Crystal Palace has a good breakfast buffet. The characters are the Winnie the Pooh, you may want to try there!

1900 PF. Good overall quality and though characters aren't terribly important to you, the interaction there is about as good as it gets. Trail's End is also a solid choice, though it's tougher to get there.

Oh boy, by the time you are done with this thread you will have at least one recommendation for every buffet on property, except Cape May Buffet (fish).:tongue:

Now far be it for me not to weigh in and add to the confusion. For dinner our favorites are Boma and Trails End, hands down. Will probably not go back to CP, H&V or Biergarten anytime soon. Never tried CM for dinner, but love the breakfast.

As has been said many times before, the only thing consistent about dining at WDW is it's inconsistency. A good friend who is an excellent cook and a foodie told me about the best meal he ever had. It was at one if the resort restaurants. DW and I went. It was not good.

My recommendation? Look at the menus, pick the one you like most and go, forgetting anyone's strong likes/dislikes. Go with an open mind and enjoy the fact that you can have your father with you.

Biergarten in Epcot might be a good option in Epcot... good food and culture. We love BOMA, which is in AKL and doesn't require park admission. Great food that some may consider exotic, but if there isn't anything that he likes, the chef will make him something (I've seen that many times). Then, you can go see the animals and sit by the fire. Really nice experience.

BOMA, TUSKER HOUSE and TRAILS END!!! These are the BEST!

Hello all,

I will be heading back to WDW for the 4th time in my life (although I forget my 1st trip because it was back in 2003) in October. I am starting to plan my dining so I can plan my parks out (I plan how often we visit each park based on where we want to eat to avoid unnecessary hopping). Last trip I ate at TH for the ROL dining package, we had a breakfast reservation that overlapped with lunch. This trip I am taking my dad and he has never been, he isn't a big theme park person, but I know he will enjoy it, especially Epcot and AK cause he loves animals and loves History and food.

I am thinking of doing TH again but not sure if my dad will be up for it, I am hoping to do at least one buffet. We don't care too much about character dining, so we don't care what characters are there. I am looking for a good lunch buffet or even breakfast buffet again. It can be any park or even a resort, so no holding us back there. Please share what buffets you love!

My dad isn't a seafood person really (he eats some shrimp, salmon, and swordfish but is super picky about it) nor does he like restaurants that smell of fish (he will refuse to eat there), other than that he will be open to anything.

We love The Wave breakfast buffet at the Contemporary and Trails End buffet at Fort Wilderness for dinner.

We don't particularly care for Tusker House, but if you're wanting a breakfast buffet near AK I'd do Boma in AKL. It's really good.

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club is my favorite breakfast buffet on property, followed by 1900 Park Fare at GF for any meal. :)

Another vote for Biergarten (mildly German food in a fun atmosphere with German musical entertainment - only "downside" is sharing a table with strangers) and Boma (dinner or breakfast - some exotic options and some tame options - definitely arrive a little early to check out the lobby and the giraffes and zebras on the savanna).

3 favorites for breakfast are Boma, 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace. Probably in that order. Boma does not have characters and just looking around AK Lodge is pretty cool! He might catch a view of some animals! All 3 seems to have the largest variety and made to order omelets! A quite spot (practically empty for breakfast) is Captains Grill at the Yacht Club. They have a nice buffet too, but on the small size for variety.

For lunch, I would say Beirgarten or Tusker House. There are not too many buffet lunches available. If it were dinner, I would pick 1900 Park Fare or Boma again!

any info on Whispering Canyon breakfast ?
looking for a great breakfast before we leave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter