Best breakfast outside the parks?

amckenz

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I currently have 2 night and 2 days booked in mid-November. The morning of day 3, we'll be driving on to our next SoCal honeymoon road trip destination so don't have park tickets that day.
So, I'm looking for suggestions for the best breakfast outside the parks for that morning. I'm thinking Downtown Disney or one of the hotels?

Thanks in advance!

Catal in DTD has a great reasonably priced sit down breakfast. If the weather is nice, they will have the second story patio open where you can overlook DTD.

GCH has Whitewater Snack which has a decent but mediocre quick serve breakfast and all three resort hotels each have a Character Breakfast of you wanna splurge on those.

Le Brea and Le Brea Express are another popular breakfast spot in DTD but their quality has diminished IMO quote a bit over the past few years while their prices have skyrocketed.

We have enjoyed Steakhouse 55. It's been quite a while since we have been though, so we haven't tried the new menu yet.

I felt the Catal breakfast was a bit pricey for what we got but had to admit the portion sizes were probably appropriate though not generous. The food quality there was very good though.

If you are going for volume, then Rainforest Cafe is a good pick. It's fairly calm in there in the morning.

We plan to grab beignets every morning during our stay from Ralph Brennan's on the way from the DLH to Disneyland/DCA. I think they have other breakfast offerings, but that's all we'll need.

Pie of the Viper at Rainforest Café. Had one again last week (shared). Really as good as I remembered.

We like Mimi's cafe for a good breakfast before hitting the road.

Dh and I ate at Storytellers on checkout day on our honeymoon. We really liked it but have only been once since then.

I haven't been to Steakhouse 55 for breakfast but it is at the top of my to do list if I ever go on a trip without kids.

We took the kids. It was just fine.

It isn't about it being acceptable for kids, it is just my kids have no interest in wasting time on a somewhat fancy breakfast while at Disney. They would rather sleep in and grab a breakfast bar on the way to the parks or go through a drive through on our way to the airport/ or on the drive home. They humor me with brunch on Mother's Day and for my birthday but that is it. :)

Steakhouse 55 has a very good breakfast - food is well prepared, service is top notch and ambiance is extra nice (table clothes, etc). It's a bit pricey but you are still on property and paying a premium for that. Storyteller's Cafe (also pricey) is a character breakfast so a bit noisier and more active atmosphere. It features the more obscure "fur" characters like Rafiki or Meeko or bears from Brother Bear. If you dig the character interaction, its a fun choice. In terms of food, I personally think Steakhouse 55 is better overall, but Storytellers in fine.

Rainforest Cafe if you want a fun atmosphere. Coco's if you just want a normal priced breakfast in a normal casual restaurant.

https://bruxie.com/

Visit Bruxie ... amazing waffles. It is outdoor seating/counter service so definitely not fancy but so tasty. It is my breakfast/brunch stop on my way home if I am driving.

"We like Mimi's cafe for a good breakfast before hitting the road."

We also thought Mimi's was quite good. Join their club, as 3monkeys4me said. I get BOGO coupons from them all the time.

We plan to grab beignets every morning during our stay from Ralph Brennan's on the way from the DLH to Disneyland/DCA. I think they have other breakfast offerings, but that's all we'll need.

I didn't even think about them being open at breakfast. YUM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter