Best Breakfast Buffet

Katti Michele

Mouseketeer
What do you think is the best breakfast buffet?

We're extremely picky eaters and you can't really mess up waffles, biscuits, and sausage (possibly bacon after some of the reviews i've read!) :teeth: We have a 1:50pm "brunch" ADR for Chef Mickey's, but i'm looking for other suggestions!

Does it have to be a "buffet" or can it be an all-you-care-to-eat? Are characters a requirement?

For all-you-care-to-eat, we have tried all of the breakfast locations. Here are our favorites:

O'hana
Princess Storybook
Boma (no characters)

We have found that the food at all of the other restaurants is all pretty much the same. Chef Mickey's, Cape May, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, etc. The only thing that is different is the locations.

Boma has a great selection... also has one of the best tropical fruit juices as well.

We've always enjoyed the Chef Mickey's breakfast, but our favorite is Crystal Palace- lots of variety, including an omelet station. :)

What do you think is the best breakfast buffet?

We're extremely picky eaters and you can't really mess up waffles, biscuits, and sausage (possibly bacon after some of the reviews i've read!) :teeth: We have a 1:50pm "brunch" ADR for Chef Mickey's, but i'm looking for other suggestions!

Our favorite is Cape May, with Ohana a very close second. Ohana isn't a buffet, but is all you can eat with the food brought to your table.

We aren't buffet fans in general but have tried a few for my daughter and the characters. The only one we truly enjoyed the food at was tusker house. They have the traditional breakfast fare that is well executed and some unique offerings that are truly great

Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast buffet. They have a ton of options. 1900 Park Fare is probably close for 2nd place.

If you are looking for characters....Cape May is my favorite, but my daughter would pick Hollywood and Vine w/ Sophia, Doc and Jake.

Akershus - cold buffet with LOTS of great options for breakfast and they bring the hot items to your table, like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and an amazing cheesy potato casserole and it is all you can eat... they will also bring mickeys waffles upon request! We loved this for breakfast!

Tusker House

Crystal Palace

Trail's End has a FANTASTIC breakfast buffet and it's far less expensive than the others but has tons of great options including pulled pork eggs Benedict (amazing), breakfast pizza, sticky pecan buns, even cute mason jars of guava-orange juice. The traditional offerings are great too, including Mickey Waffles. It's an easy boat ride from Magic Kingdom, and it's neat to see a bit of the Fort Wilderness resort which is a nice respite from the parks.

Boma is the best buffet on property, IMO. Though I really want to try Trails End sometime. We also enjoy Captajn's Grille, if you are staying near Epcot resorts.

Best character buffets: 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Tusker House

OUR WDW CHARACTER MEAL & BUFFET RANKINGS (*rev: February 2015*):
Results are listed from best to worst
Best Food (quality first, then variety):
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Tusker House, breakfast-Lunch (moved from #1 Spot due to menu changes)
. . . Garden Grove Swan-dinner
. . . Akershus Royal Banquet
. . . Tusker House, Dinner
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Cinderella Royal Table (since new menu)
. . . Chef Mickey's
Best Character Interaction (time with guest first, then friendliness):
. . . Tusker House, Breakfast-Lunch
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Tusker House, Dinner
. . . Ohana
. . . Garden Grove (Swan, dinner)
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Chef Mickey's
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Crystal Palace (barely enough time for a photo)
Best Atmosphere (surroundings and ambiance):
. . . Cinderella Royal Table
. . . Tusker House, Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner
. . . Ohana
. . . 1900 Park Fare
. . . Garden Grill
. . . Crystal Palace
. . . Hollywood & Vine
. . . Cape May Café
. . . Garden Grove (Swan, dinner)
. . . Chef Mickey's
NOTE1: Results are listed from best to worst. Overall, Tusker House wins due to best food and the length of time the characters stay at each table. A close second is 1900 Park Fare. By far, Chef Mickey's is the loser, due to mediocre character interaction and almost terrible food quality. The very distant second worst is Cinderella Royal Table, for brief time at tables by characters and the new menu.

Tusker House and Boma are hands down the best on property food wise. Yes, both may seem unappealing to picky eaters, but they lots of picky eater options as well as unique offerings. The quality of food there is just so much better. I am an adventurous eater but my bestie is super super picky and even he loves those two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter