Best breakfast buffet?

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
We rarely do a breakfast at WDW as we are DVC and just eat in our villa. But this trip I want to do a breakfast buffet maybe. Which is the best/most yummy? Have 3 teens and DH is on Atkins (why must he always go on Atkins right when we are going on vacation????:confused:). TIA!

Are you absolutely sold on a buffet? The reason I ask is that we really like Ohana, but it is family style. So, while it is still all you can eat, you don't actually get up and get the food. When we were there, they seated us and gave us a basket of sweet breakfast breads (which it sounds like those would be all yours!) and then brought out an assortment of fruits including grapes, strawberries, and melons. Then, the hot platters had eggs, bacon, sausage, and fantastic potatoes (another all for you!) and a healthy platter of egg whites, chicken sausage, turkey bacon, and grilled vegetables. Mickey Waffles are also brought around. Loved the juice, too.

Are you absolutely sold on a buffet? The reason I ask is that we really like Ohana, but it is family style. So, while it is still all you can eat, you don't actually get up and get the food. When we were there, they seated us and gave us a basket of sweet breakfast breads (which it sounds like those would be all yours!) and then brought out an assortment of fruits including grapes, strawberries, and melons. Then, the hot platters had eggs, bacon, sausage, and fantastic potatoes (another all for you!) and a healthy platter of egg whites, chicken sausage, turkey bacon, and grilled vegetables. Mickey Waffles are also brought around. Loved the juice, too.

Family style is fine. I was thinking about Ohana, though we are already going there for dinner. Was also thinking Chef Mickey...or Whispering Canyon (we have done this one before)...or Boma (what's that one like?)...or Crystal Palace...or...
we will be staying at Beach Club...so Cape May is convenient, but we are already doing dinner there. There's Swan and Dolphin...Garden Grove.

lovin'fl said:
Family style is fine. I was thinking about Ohana, though we are already going there for dinner. Was also thinking Chef Mickey...or Whispering Canyon (we have done this one before)...or Boma (what's that one like?)...or Crystal Palace...or...
we will be staying at Beach Club...so Cape May is convenient, but we are already doing dinner there. There's Swan and Dolphin...Garden Grove.

Boma! It's excellent for breakfast and dinner. I like 1900 park fare and crystal palace too but Boma is fab.

I like Crystal Palace, but I like it for all of the yummy carb-loaded food such as the breakfast lasagna. I like booking reservations for before the park opens and getting a photo in front of the castle sans guests.

I loved Chef Mickey's when we did it, but that was so many years ago that I can't really comment on how it still is.

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian is wonderful. We have breakfast here on all our visits.

JennaDeeDooDah said:

Peter Fan said:
We like Tusker House and Crystal Palace. Both have great breakfast buffet.

I agree with the above. But i do love Crystal Palace and Tusker House more than Ohana. My #1 fave is Crystal Palace. Love love love the food there, and the characters are super sweet. My #2 choice would be Tusker House.

Which have characters at the breakfasts? We don't need to pay extra for characters (or are all thees priced the same regardless) as my kids are not into them anymore.

Forgot to add in that I absolutely hated Tusker House. No one in my party had a good time. The food wasn't bad, but our server and the servers around us seemed to stressed and overwhelmed that it really hurt the mood. We also had an 8:00 reservation and didn't get out of there until after 9:15. I'm hoping that we just caught them on an off morning and going off of other reviews, we did, but no one in our family has any desire to ever try eating there again.

We tried Tusker House for the first time this past August. We loved it. Yes, it does have characters, but we loved the variety of selections on the buffet.

We had an 8 AM and were out in time for rope drop and headed straight to Safari.

Boma is hands down our favorite breakfast buffet. A close 2nd is Captain's Grille at YC which is right by where you are staying!

LOVE Tusker House breakfast.
They have the usual breakfast suspect (Mickey Waffles, eggs, bacon etc,) they also have some fabulous and yummy African inspired dishes. I LOVE the apple crepes - and they have the best carved ham with a sweet/spicy sauce. Plus an oatmeal/cereal bar with every topping you can imagine - lots of fresh baked goods (muffins, danishes, croissants), fresh fruit - and an entire cart dedicated to donuts.
We love the atmosphere - and the location is fabulous. We fill up and then are steps away from the safari after breakfast.

Boma is hands down our favorite breakfast buffet. A close 2nd is Captain's Grille at YC which is right by where you are staying!
I think Captain's Grille is a winner. You can get buffet or menu items...perfect for our picky 3 teenagers and DH with his Atkins. And it's priced pretty good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter