• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Breakfast Buffet??

Storytellers had great food on their breakfast buffet. All of the usual suspects, just better than usual. Certainly a notch above your typical disney buffet.

I haven't tried storytellers yet but I really want to. I've heard it's delicious.

We like the Plaza Inn but haven't been there in a long time. If we have breakfast that is not a character meal in the park we usually go to Riverbelle Terrace and get Mickey Pancackes and dh gets that Mark Twain Plate. He loves the potatoes. I know it's not buffet but wanted to throw that out there!

We like the Plaza Inn but haven't been there in a long time. If we have breakfast that is not a character meal in the park we usually go to Riverbelle Terrace and get Mickey Pancackes and dh gets that Mark Twain Plate. He loves the potatoes. I know it's not buffet but wanted to throw that out there!
We discovered Riverbelle on our last trip and loved it!! The food was great and plenty to share. We enjoyed sitting outside and watching the river boat go by.

For buffets, we've only eaten at Storytellers and thought the food was fabulous!! They have made to order omelets and the fruit is so fresh! There is a huge assortment.

If we do breakfast in the park, we only do one...Plaza Inn Character Breakfast. We LOVE it!!! Yummy food and a lot of fun. We usually eat the continental that our good neighbor hotel offers, then do a snack in the park and an early lunch. Gotta save a little money ya know :)

I think Storytellers has the best food. They have all the buffest stuff, made to order omelettes, and they will bring you out Mickey waffles and pancakes. Yum!

Another vote for Storyteller's!! We love it, although I have only had the buffet once since I usually order off the menu!

Andrea

Which characters are at Storyteller's?

Also does Main Street open before the rest of the park?

And how early does River Terrace serve?

TIA.

Love your questions, Twinglemom!

Lilo and stich last Sunday was soooo good , wish I could have eaten more!

Lilo and stich last Sunday was soooo good , wish I could have eaten more!

How was this breakfast?? You don't hear too much about it. What kind of food. What made it soo good.I saw a menu that list it also serves a Japanese Breakfast~ what is that????

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts, there are alot of us that are going for the first time and any input is appreciated:flower3:

The characters we saw at Storytellers were Chip, Dale, Koda, Kenai, Meeko, and Turk.

Main Street is not open early and I believe that the Plaza Inn opens when the park does, but someone else will know for sure.

Riverbelle is open when the park opens. It was always busier on EE mornings about a couple of hours after opening.

Hey, we were at Lilo & Stitch last Sunday, too!
It was raining out (in the morn, it cleared about 11 am) and those without PS's were being turned away. Anyway, what makes it stand out to me is the Hawaiian scones, banana smoothies, banana french toast and yummy salmon. I especially enjoyed the fresh little Mickey waffles, they were so good! DD liked the Flautas with sour cream and really, really good homemade guacamole. I know, not b-fast food, but still good. Plus all the usual favs - omelette bar, usual breakfast fixings. They play a lot of fun games with the kids, too. They played instruments and hula danced. Minnie, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch all came to all the tables and spent plenty of time visiting. I like how the price includes all drinks, tax and tip as well. You don't feel nickeled and dimed. Plus we each took a piece of fruit for later and no one said a word. I highly recommend this one, but hey, we love Storyteller's, too.:) I recommend Goofy's for lunch or dinner.

Which characters are at Storyteller's?

Also does Main Street open before the rest of the park?

If the park opens later than 8:00 a.m. Main Street opens 30 minutes early. On 8:00 a.m. openings it does not.

As far as the best breakfast buffet I would have to go with the Lilo and Stitch one. I loved the food there both times we have done it. I also loved the food at Storytellers but found the characters or rather lack thereof a disappointment. But again, the food and lovely atmosphere were wonderful. I also have to add that we love Goofy's but prefer that one for dinner.

Hey, we were at Lilo & Stitch last Sunday, too!
It was raining out (in the morn, it cleared about 11 am) and those without PS's were being turned away. Anyway, what makes it stand out to me is the Hawaiian scones, banana smoothies, banana french toast and yummy salmon. I especially enjoyed the fresh little Mickey waffles, they were so good! DD liked the Flautas with sour cream and really, really good homemade guacamole. I know, not b-fast food, but still good. Plus all the usual favs - omelette bar, usual breakfast fixings. They play a lot of fun games with the kids, too. They played instruments and hula danced. Minnie, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch all came to all the tables and spent plenty of time visiting. I like how the price includes all drinks, tax and tip as well. You don't feel nickeled and dimed. Plus we each took a piece of fruit for later and no one said a word. I highly recommend this one, but hey, we love Storyteller's, too.:) I recommend Goofy's for lunch or dinner.

Lulubelle~ Thanks I'm really excited about this one it sounds great. Do you know what a Japanese breakfast is???

I did not see the menu to order off of at L& S but they did have rice on the buffet.

Lilo & Stitch wouldn't be a complete "Hawaiian" themed buffet if it didn't include rice.:) Rice is a staple here in Hawaii, you'd be hard pressed to find anyplace that didn't serve it all meals. Even the McD's here have breakfast platters that includes rice.

BTW- The L&S Breakfast Buffet would be my choice, although I am biased (they have rice.:rotfl: )

Storyteller's Cafe! They have the best French Toast in the entire world!!! The asparagus is wonderful too. I like that if you order the buffet you get all of your drinks included because I usually like coffee plus another beverage - so the cost is about the same as it would be if I ordered off the menu and I have my choice of everything on the buffet, plus made to order eggs and omelets, plus anything from the menu if it isn't already on the buffet.

The only two I have had is Storytellers and the Lilo and Stitch. I was actually more impressed with the Lilo and Stitch. I thought the quality and variety was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter