• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best "Boy" themed resort?

CMCTxMom

Earning My Ears
Okay... We're going to WDW in June 2014 for a large, extended family trip. Staying (probably) at the Beach Club. Thinking of going down a couple of days ahead of the rest of the fan with just DH and DD8 and DS5 for a couple of extra days, and staying at a different resort (or two) to celebrate the kids' birthdays which are near that time.

I'm thinking of a Royal Guest Room at POR for DD8. What for DS? Is AoA worth it? It's SO much more expensive. Not really keen on All-Star... and DS isn't too excited about the idea of a pirate room. WL? FWCabins? Ugh... not sure what to do. Advice??? Thanks!

Okay... We're going to WDW in June 2014 for a large, extended family trip. Staying (probably) at the Beach Club. Thinking of going down a couple of days ahead of the rest of the fan with just DH and DD8 and DS5 for a couple of extra days, and staying at a different resort (or two) to celebrate the kids' birthdays which are near that time.

I'm thinking of a Royal Guest Room at POR for DD8. What for DS? Is AoA worth it? It's SO much more expensive. Not really keen on All-Star... and DS isn't too excited about the idea of a pirate room. WL? FWCabins? Ugh... not sure what to do. Advice??? Thanks!

When 1-5 ds liked ASmovies(Dalmatians and toy story themes he liked), and POP! (Big icons were a hit)

Then 6-10 he liked CBR (island) , AKL (animals) and CSR (dig site) , poly (volcano pool).
11-16 he liked BLT (extra room) , CR ( views) YC ( SAB). WL ( lobby and pool).

Try showing him videos on youtube, and pictures here and on disney site. What appeals to HIM? If he gets to pick he will love that:thumbsup2

I would do the FW cabins and set up the family for a horse back riding trip one day and the next day sign him up for archery lessons. Rent a golf cart for the two days so you guys can run around at will. Maybe even consider renting one of the little aqua larks or what ever they are called now a days. Maybe him and dad can go exploring and look for what is left of the old fort wilderness railroad... Make sure you do the chip and dale movies at the fort. Bring marshmallows...

My DS9 favorite resorts in order: Poly (never stayed there...lol), AKL, AoA, WL,,BLT, BC, BWV, Pop, POFQ.

Depends what he likes. Is he into swimming? Maybe show him pictures of the pool areas of the different choices and see which one he likes the most. Lots of boys love the monorail going through the CR. WL is very cool too, AKL also.

I asked my 11 year old son and he gave this order: AKL, AoA, all star Sports. Apparently they are his favorites. Who knew? Lol

Our boys love the poly, AKL, and WL. With the poly changes, we will have to see when we go back after all is said and done. But the AKL is awesome!! :thumbsup2

We are having this debate now as we plan our next trip as our boys will be 8/6/2 so we can't decide between BLT b/c of MK, VGF and WL. In the future we will lean towards our favorite AKL when we aren't lugging a stroller.

My 2 boys, now 8 and 11, are definitely WL fans! They love to camp so this place reminds them of that. We also love the boat to MK!

DS9 says his favorite Disney resort is the one we're staying at! He doesn't care as long as he is at Disney. Oh and as long as he doesn't have to stay in a princess room but he wouldn't mind staying in the castle :rotfl:

A one night reservation sounds more of a pain in the neck to me then fun - too much packing, moving around and time lost! Maybe I misunderstood your question though.

I agree with the previous poster - they are all great. My recommendation is to pick a resort that you have never stayed at so your son knows that this is special just for him - and stay away from something princess themed :)

I would pick WL for the easy access to MK. Spend a lot of time at MK before heading to BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter