Best boss ever!!!

bjcaed

Mouseketeer
It is 55 days until our 1st cruise and I just have to say that I have the best principal ever for letting me take the week off!! The only way a teacher could ever afford a cruise is KSF, but they only offer when kids are in school!!! My principal said go for it and enjoy the time with your family!!! My kids will get I excused absences and I will use up my very few sick days but it will be worth it!!!

Congrats! I'm also a teacher, and other than the splurge my family is doing in June for our Alaskan cruise, we otherwise can't afford to cruise during school breaks. I asked one of my deans before the winter break about possibly needing days off for a 4 night in January (which I booked) and he told me to go and not to worry about it, either.

You can bet I'm living off of Emergen-C to make sure I stay healthy for the rest of the school year! Have fun :goodvibes

I'm a school bus driver and was originally approved for a later March cruise out of Galveston. However, when a KSF became available for Feb, I told my boss that I would save over $ 900.00 and she approved me to change dates.

OP, you're very lucky! What a great boss. I am a teacher too and it has gotten very expensive on DCL over our breaks. It's getting hard to afford it even with the onboard rebooking offers.

Have a great trip! :beach:

That's so awesome!! I am a teacher and we are not allowed to take 5 days in a row so I am jealous! Early June is our favorite travel time since many schools aren't out yet- that or Fall Break, but so many more districts are giving that, it is losing its appeal!

I am so glad to hear that! I have not yet told my principal about needing 6 days off, i hope she is as understanding. I will get a dr.'s note too. We arent supposed to take so many consecutive days either, but i am going and my dd will be missing school. This may be our only chance to do a disney cruise. There are 5 of us so i had to jump on the ksf deal. Crossing fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter