Best book you

If you asked on a different day, week or month, my answer might be completely different. For today though, the two that come to mind are both by Robert McCammon. Swan Song and A Boy's Life.

I LOVED Boy's Life. Sooo nostalgic yet creepy. I also loved the Outlander series Ember mentioned. I enjoyed Kushiel's Dart too--interesting but pretty racy in a bdsm sort of way.

My favorite book would change from day to day, but there are a couple of series that I got caught up in to the point of losing sleep. The first was Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan series. The first book is:

Cordelia's Honor

My favorite was Mirror Dance--a fabulous book, but you have to read them all in order. At least the payoff by book 7 (Mirror Dance) was awesome. Most series get worse as they progress, but this one got better.

Another series I read and couldn't put down was the Noble Dead Series.

It starts with Dhampir.

My favorite in the series was Book 6, Rebel Fay.

I would go with Wizard's First Rule from the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.

This is like Sophie's Choice for me, lol. But the best book I ever read has to be The Guardian by Nocolas Sparks. It is just so good. It has it all.

The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

This is like picking your favorite child or something. :lmao:

I'm one of those "whichever book I'm reading at the time is my favorite" kinda gals.

But, if I HAD to choose, I'd say Wuthering Heights.

I agree. It's really hard to choose. Some of my favorites are:

Little Women
Jane Eyre
The Book Thief
The Hunger Games
Gone With the Wind
Ender's Game
And Ladies of the Club

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. It may be a young adult novel but it is one of the most powerful books I have ever read and would reccomend it to anyone.

My college major was literature. Don't ask me to choose.

Favorite authors include Dickens, Nelson DeMille, Ray Bradbury, Anne McCaffrey, Shakespeare.

Loved the Harry Potter books as much for their literary references as for the storyline.

Currently reading 11/22/63, Stephen King has such an imagination . . .

Harry Potter :lovestruc
Too many Stephen King books here too list.
I have so many favorites.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. It may be a young adult novel but it is one of the most powerful books I have ever read and would reccomend it to anyone.

I bought this but haven't had time to start it yet.

Easy..."Wind from the Carolinas" By Robert Wilder

I read it as a English Lit. assignment and couldn't put it down. I have read it several times since then and I still find it fascinating.

It's a historical/fictional novel about a loyalist family living in the Carolina's at the start of the Revolutionary War and how they packed up their entire plantation and shipped it to Great Exuma Island in the Bahama's.

Four or Five generations and much change is covered during that time. It made me want to go to Great Exuma just to see if I could find the foundation of the house. Yes, I was aware it didn't really exist...I just thought...Maybe? I read a lot of books, but this one is the only one that I have ever read again, much less a dozen or so times.

My favorite book is whichever one I'm reading right now so right now that will be "The girl who kicked the hornets nest". So good. "The girl who played with fire" left it as a bit of a cliff hanger so I had to rush out and get the last book.

So many. So many.

From old times: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Newer: Rush Home Road

I love, love, love the classics. Still, something about these two stayed with me in a different sort of way.

Harry Potter series

The Poisonwood Bible

I just read a book a few months ago that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED. It is called Flat Out Love. Everyone in my book club really enjoyed it too.

I could never choose just one!!
Anything by Stephen King. Have read most of his books more than once.
11-22-63 is great.
Again anything by Karin Slaughter or Lisa Gardner
Francine Rivers & Leisha Kelley
Just finished The Hunger Games & thought it was ok but wondering if the sequels are worth reading??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter