Best BLT Incentive?

buck0086

Mouseketeer
I'm at WDW and DVC has offered me $120-$12 incentive per point for 125 points. Just checking to see if that is the best incentive currently available? (I'm not interested in the cruise.) Thanks.

Buck

I got that same deal a few weeks ago, and I haven't heard any better!! Yea!! Not sure if you are a new member or not but either way...you will love it!

Yes, that's the same deal we received last week. We had to purchase a minimum of 200 to receive $12 off, but we're new members. We also received both 2009 and 2010 points, so effectively rec'd 400 points up front. We could also choose our own use year.

Our UY is September so we automatically would get our 2009 UY points since we have not reached September. Our guide tried to make that sound like a great deal until I pointed that out...

Buck

I'm curious. We have a Feb use year(160 points at BLT)....if we did this, would we get 2009 and 2010 points? I'm also assuming you have to choose between the $$$ off or the cruise? As an add on, is this only doable at 125 points?

I'm curious. We have a Feb use year(160 points at BLT)....if we did this, would we get 2009 and 2010 points? I'm also assuming you have to choose between the $$$ off or the cruise? As an add on, is this only doable at 125 points?

No, you would not get the 2009 points since you're already into your 2010 UY. This only works if you're not past the first day of your UY.

However, if you decide to add on at a later date, you could add as late as January 31st, 2011, still bank the full value of the add-on's 2010 point value into 2011, and not pay any of the 2010 dues associated with those points.

Essentially you're getting a free year's worth of points if it's timed right.

As for the price incentives, you can add on at lower point values, but the incentives get worse, the fewer number of points you add.

So if I add on 125 BLT points with a September UY, I will get the 2009 points but I won't have to pay 2009 or 2010 dues? My first dues payment on the 125 point add-on would be January 2011?

Buck

So if I add on 125 BLT points with a September UY, I will get the 2009 points but I won't have to pay 2009 or 2010 dues? My first dues payment on the 125 point add-on would be January 2011?

Buck

You will not have to pay 2009 dues, but you will be paying 2010 dues prorated from the date of your closing. For example, if you close on May 1st, 2010, your dues begin on May 1st, 2010. You are not responsible for dues from January 1st - April 30th, 2010 because you did not own the points during that time.

I just bought two 200 point contracts for BLT at $106 per point. The incentive was $12 per point and an addtional $2 off per point for watching the webinar! I just paid and signed my contracts today! :banana:

Does the $12 off only apply to 125 points and over? we are currently waiting to sign on 100 points with $10 off per point when we arrive in Disney. (the offer was $8 off per point and an extra $2 for signing on site).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter