Best beds in a value?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Raenstoirm, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

I have to put a little disclaimer...we have only spent 1 night at a value (movies) and it was HORRIBLE. We were so happy to move to the Contemporary the next day. I can't tell if our experience was the norm or an outlier though. The room was icky (run down, old looking), mildew in the bathroom and the beds :headache:.. the beds were the worst I have ever slept in anywhere. Dh and I had requested a king, but they didn't have any, so we after spending about 5 minutes in one bed together, we opted to each take our own hoping it would make it more comfortable, but it really didn't help. It was easily the worst nights sleep I have ever gotten at Disney (or any hotel ever for that matter).
    We are taking a RCCL cruise out of port canaveral and were thinking of flying in 2 days early and doing a little park time (how can we be so close and not? ;)). The parks are open till 11 one night and 12 the next so it will really only be for sleeping since we won't waste any of our short park time at the hotel. Because of our bad experience though dh refuses to stay in a value. (I might add that he hasn't liked the 2 moderates we have stayed at either, but for different reasons). Does any value have good beds? Or do we have to stay at a moderate? Dh wants to stay at BC, but we stay there every year and I can't justify the $800 when we aren't going to be using the resort at all.
    Suggestions?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. judaloo

judaloo Mouseketeer

Coronado Springs has super comfy beds and pillows. I'm picky about beds as well, I wouldn't steer you wrong!

4. megsters

megsters Mouseketeer

Coronado's beds are fantastic. When the time comes to purchase a new bed, this is the one my husband wants !!

5. DummbGiRL

DummbGiRL Mouseketeer

I third this. CSR is an amazing mod choice.

6. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

We found the beds at AofA quite comfy. It's probably because they are new.