• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best beach close to Orlando?

Honeymoon Island is a state park and on the gulf side, its very nice also.

I go there every trip to enjoy the park and the nature trails as well as a walk on the beach and to watch the sunset.

Clear water beach, super nice water and a nice little town, water is very clear and there are shells that you can see and pickup as the water is not so deep near the shore.

We were thinking of going to St. Pete beach when we go in October. Why is no one recommending that one? Is it not a good one to go to? I've been to Daytona and Cocoa but wanted to try somewhere new.

I was going to suggest St Pete. Love it there. Its not as big as some of these others, and doesn't have all of the same amenities as say Daytona or Cocoa, it's a very nice place.

we are going to Treasure Island and staying at the Bilmar Beach resort. I got a first floor studio that opens directly on the beach. My brother has stayed here and said its very nice. There is a fishing charter at Hubbards marina in Johns Pass we want to do. when you are done fishing, you can have your catch cooked at the restaurant next door for $5.

We stayed at Disney's Vero Beach Resort last summer and we had a wonderful time. It is less than 2 hours from Disney, and you get Disney quality and service at the beach - not much night life, but with your kids' ages, you won't need that. We loved that we felt so safe and the resort is really quiet and family friendly. Not your typical beach resort town - it feels more like a private beach resort than a busy beach town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter