• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Bank to use while on the CP?

kmarsico

Earning My Ears
what are some of the banks that are located in or around disney where it would be easy to acess atms and withdrawl without having a fee?

I would like to know the answer to this question as well, considering I'm looking at permanently moving down there around January-ish.

I know Partners Credit Union has something to do with Disney, but I don't really understand how they're connected. If someone could clarify that as well, I'd appreciate it!

I opened a Bank of America account just for Disney. Although i never used ATM's so i wouldn't know if theres any near by. When i needed cash i just went down the street to publix or 7-11 and got cash back.

I recommend Bank of America not because of an ATM nearby but also its nationwide if you decide to travel if you don't want to pay ATM fees. In these times every dollars counts especially when you're in the program.

There is a Bank of America ATM in the Crossroads plaza area, which is accessible by the CP buses/a short drive away from the complexes. They were my bank back home so that made the transition very easy - although I've yet to find a need to use the ATM.

Partners Federal Credit Union is sponsered by Disney, so only Disney CMs are welcome to start new accounts and the people who work there are considered CMs as well. All of the ATMs on Disney property (including the CP housing) are all Partners ATMs.

Chase Bank is the bank that operates all the ATMs in guest areas. Partners Federal Credit Union operates the ATMs in backstage areas.

In the area, there are also branches for 5/3, Bank of America, Regions, and Wells Fargo. I don't live near CP housing, and don't know what is easily accessible using CP transportation, so my recommendations probably aren't all that useful, but I've been very happy with Regions bank, and not so happy with Partners Credit Union.

As a DCP participant Casting gives all College Program Kids a Visa that which their paychecks are automatically deposited onto those cards, for free. It is through Partners.

Partners Federal Credit Union is sponsered by Disney, so only Disney CMs are welcome to start new accounts and the people who work there are considered CMs as well. All of the ATMs on Disney property (including the CP housing) are all Partners ATMs.

Thanks for responding!

So does that mean if you have a Partners account, you can use the Disney ATMs free? Like for withdrawing money and such? And (I know this may be kind of a stupid question, or one that probably will never even matter) if Disney (as a company) is hurting, would that hurt the bank at all?

Thanks for responding!

So does that mean if you have a Partners account, you can use the Disney ATMs free? Like for withdrawing money and such? And (I know this may be kind of a stupid question, or one that probably will never even matter) if Disney (as a company) is hurting, would that hurt the bank at all?

yes, you can use any Partner's ATM free of charge and I do believe there is one located in the Utilidor.

Credit Unions operate differently than banks and the money is well protected since each member is also part owner sort of speak. The advantage is that members tend to receive lower rates on loans...you may not care right now but you will later in life. Once a member of Partners, always a member unless you leave. I haven't worked for the company since 2004 but I am still a member of Partners and we have gotten some awesome car loan rates through them recently.

The downside is that they have limited branches and ATMS, but Partners does offer so many ATM withdrawals from other banks free of charge each month, but it is limited to how many depending on your membership level.

You must be a Disney employee or a family member of one to join.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our 1st and 2nd home mortgage rates are awesome through Partners!

Our used auto loan rate for both our cars is insanely low. When I signed up years ago I didn't even realize they had such great rates, I just wanted to join and have direct deposit when i worked with the company. But when it came time to purchase a car, I couldn't believe the great rates and to make it better, it was sooooooo easy to get the loan and complete the transaction, even living far away...we did it all via fax and phone and it was done in two days. That is what I call service!!:thumbsup2

So I take it as Chase isn't an option?

Chase has the MOST ATM's in the parks and around Florida. It's part of the reason I opened a Chase account. The Free student checking account thing didn't hurt either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter