• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Backpack for the parks

DznyGal

April 2010 Disney Bride!
Does anyone have a backpack they loved using in the parks? We will be taking our 2 year old son, still in diapers to the parks in November.
I am looking for new a backpack, as now I use my purse as a diaper bag most of the time. :lmao:
For Disney I would rather use a backpack so even my husband could wear it if I don't. Also I would put it on on stroller so no one had to wear it the whole time.

Looking for a brand/style that others have used and prefer.

Thanks!

I'm doing some looking as well into backpacks. Hope someone gives some good advice, I'll keep bumping. ;)

Our kids are all in school, so we usually just grab one of theirs. LL Bean makes nice backpacks. DH and I both used JanSport through all of high school and college. They held up really well, too. Ebags.com has some nice JanSport on sale for $19.99 right now.

My husband has a Adidas cross body bag the we have taken to WDW 4 years in a row. It is great.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have a Dakine backpack that I got from ebags three years ago. I used it as a diaper bag. Despite flowers on it, hubs still would rather wear it around the park than any other bag. Cost me ~$50 when I got it. So worth it.

Thanks everyone, I started looking at "Diaper bag" backpacks yesterday. So many options and they all vary in price so much!

Thanks for the suggestions.
:goodvibes

I love my Vera Bradley. I have the larger size, it has two pockets on the side that fit water bottles perfectly. It also has a front pouch which is great for items you need frequently. The cotton straps are comfortable to wear even with a tank top & it can be washed if it gets messy, sticky etc.

I have a Vera Bradley baby backpack that I absolutely love. It's pretty big so it holds everything, it's got loads of pockets, it's got a liner inside which can help protect stuff in the rain, it's comfortable, machine washable, and it came with a changing pad. It's still *girly* but I got it in a navy with minimal patterning (as far as Vera goes, anyway:)) so it helps my husband to not cringe when he carries it.

Edit: This is the bag, by the way (in Ribbons print): http://www.verabradley.com/product/...iantId/180900/pc/638/c/0/sc/643/p/1001979.uts

The bag that I got for our last Disney trip when DD was 1 is Baby Innovations Urban BackPack. I thought it was great... lightweight, plenty of room, and insulated pocket for milk. Also, I love the changing pad that comes with it b/c it can hold wipes & diapers. I got it from Babies R Us.

By the way, the Baby Innovations Backpack is black and DH was totally cool with wearing it too. He wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Vera Bradly bag.... even though he's much better with girly things then he was pre-DD. :rotfl:

I just ordered the ful Brickhouse Sling Bag on Amazon...it arrives tomorrow so I can't tell you how I like it but I chose it based on the many good reviews! I got orange so DH would carry it also.

We bought an REI hiking backpack similar to this one to use as our diaper bag in WDW, and it worked perfectly.

We had 2 changes of clothes, a blanket, a pair of PJs, my Ameda PY breast pump and parts, probably 6-7 bottles/caps/collars, nipples, my dSLR camera w/an 18-55 lens attached, plus all teh regular assorted diaper bag stuff. The only thing that wasn't in the backpack were the actual diapers/wipes. We put those in a Skip Hop Pronto changer separately under the stroller so it could be easily grabbed for quick changes.

The best tip I read about park bags was this: because you have to go through bag-check at every park, bags with minimal zippers and compartments will help you get through faster.

If you've got a bag with eight different pockets with nooks and crannies for every item inside, it could delay you (depending on the person checking the bag). I just used a small backpack we had at home with only two zipper pockets and thought that worked pretty well.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter