Best backpack for parks with one year old

KittieKat

Boy mom/twin mom
I will be taking my then one year old in October to Disney. Anyone have suggestions on backpack to bring? I will clearly have stuff for him in there. Not looking necessarily for a diaper bag. Just a good backpack that is comfortable to wear for long period of times, side pockets

I will be taking my then one year old in October to Disney. Anyone have suggestions on backpack to bring? I will clearly have stuff for him in there. Not looking necessarily for a diaper bag. Just a good backpack that is comfortable to wear for long period of times, side pockets

Not sure if they still make this style but we used to carry a Fisher Price Fast Finder diaper bag backpack. We loved it because it had a spot for everything! The wipes pocket on the outside and insulated bottle pocket on the side were especially useful.

During my first trip to DW I ended up not even needing a diaper bag for my two year old who wasn't potty trained. Everyday we went to the park I found I needed fewer things than the day before. I attached a diaper wallet to the handle of my stroller and put in the basket a small soft sided cooler with food, sippies and snacks. The time we had free dining I ended up only needing a sippy cup because I could buy drinks and snacks with the snack credits. I didn't need a wallet because I could charge to my room with my Magic Band/Key to the World. We even ended up with leftover credits at the end so I bought snacks for the plane with them The only other things I carried were my camera and cell phone. It was so freeing not to have to carry a diaper bag.

When I took my daughter on our last trip she was 18 months old - I just had a Vera Bradley Mini Hipster. It held a couple of diapers, a small pack of wipes, my phone and money, and that was all we needed. Her sippy cup was in her stroller and I could tuck it away in a pocket or take it with us if we were waiting in line. Still had to go through bag check, but didn't have to lug a huge backpack or diaper bag through the park.

IMHO, I would consider using a stroller and storing a normal diaper bag and whatever you need in the stroller. When my kids were 1, we ended up having to take a lot of stuff. Your backpack may get weighted down with everything that you'll need.

Less is more in this case...
You're not traveling to the Pacific trail! lol
I agree with the Vera Bradley bag, but I use a small Vera backpack. they are VERY light weight and have a ton of pockets,and cubbies. Enough room for diapers for the day, wipes, sippie cup or bottle, and a few snacks.
cups of water are free at any counter service, you can refill cups there. Your magic band has all your cc info, I would just carry an ID and cell, not a whole wallet.
Very freeing!
ETA: we are now doing Disney with grandchildren and soon great grandchild, so we have a little bit of experience even though our children are adults.

Not sure if they still make this style but we used to carry a Fisher Price Fast Finder diaper bag backpack. We loved it because it had a spot for everything! The wipes pocket on the outside and insulated bottle pocket on the side were especially useful.

I have this diaper bag and I LOVE it. It really is more like a backpack than a diaper bag. My son is about the same age as the OP's (will be 1 in October). We're planning to take him in May when he's 18 months and I'm totally bringing this backpack/diaper bag with me. I have found it to be so nice to distribute the weight across my shoulders, and since it's not "girly," DH has no issue taking it when he takes our son places.

Reading the title of this thread, I thought you meant the best backpack for the one year old to wear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter