• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best arrival day dinner (non park day)?

abr155

Earning My Ears
Best arrival day dinner (non-park)? Staying near Disney Springs, but have car to easily get to other resorts. Have 2.5 year old daughter. Currently have Rainforest Café bc she loves animals, but second guessing it because we have one a few hours from us, so wondering if I should’ve booked something more Disney!

Other ADRs we have:

Crystal Palace breakfast
Homecomin'
Akershus
Hollywood & Vine dinner
Garden Grille

Couple of thoughts- if she loves animals, what about Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge OR even their quick service? The advantage of the quick service being you can go on your schedule in case of travel delays, etc. There are animal viewing areas near the lobby, she could walk and stretch her legs after a long travel day.

When our girls were young we always started out at Chef Mickey. It was great to ride the monorail, see the castle, and meet Mickey on our first night! I see you have a few other Mickey dining choices booked and I haven’t been to CM for years and didn’t love the food then, but it certainly screamed “WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD” to us.

Storybook dining at the Wilderness Lodge would also be a great choice if she likes Snow White.

If Springs, we did Morimoto. I don't see what your 2.5yo might especially like there, but they do have interesting food and drink that would be hard to match in most home towns.

Last edited:
We used to do Chef Mickey’s when our kids were that age. The food isn’t great. You really go for the characters.

I agree with PP. If she loves animals, I would book Boma or Sanaa at AKL. The resort is beautiful and you can walk out to the viewing area to see the animals on the savannah.

We love Storybook Dining at the Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Fantastic service, great food, characters and pretty restaurant and resort. Service is more upscale for a character meal in my opinion. We are flying in this Saturday and that will be our non-park dinner again! Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter