Best Apps For Disneyland

amalone1013

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite phone apps for navigating Disneyland? With waittimes and the like. Preferably free, but I do have a little bit of app store credit :)

Thanks!

I like the official Disneyland App. It has ride wait times, current FP return times, character and entertainment schedules, etc. I've used it on several trips now and have found that the wait times match with what is posted at the attraction entrance for the most part (there is about a 5 to 10 minute lag in information updates).

Otherwise, I used to use MouseWait and DL Waits and they were okay. As with most of the free apps, they're only as good as how often someone in park opts to update the wait times. So sometimes, they're really accurate and sometimes the information is hours old.

We use the official app and OTTO. You can call OTTO at 1-714-520-7090 and he will give you current wait times and info. Sometimes the app is slow to load.

We use the official app and OTTO. You can call OTTO at 1-714-520-7090 and he will give you current wait times and info. Sometimes the app is slow to load.

How does OTTO work? When you call does it go through all the rides or can you select certain ones for info?

OTTO is a computer based response. You ask for a specific ride and it will give you the current return time for fastpass distribution as well as wait time. It also knows parade and entertainment schedules. He also remembers that you have called before and says things like "Welcome back, how can I help you this time?" My daughter loves calling OTTO, she especially likes how it hums disney songs while it retrieves your information.

Thanks everyone!

I think I downloaded mousewait last year, but didn't use it because it was February. We're going in July this year.

And it's nice to hear OTTO explained - I'd seen it mentioned but not how it works. Thanks!

We just returned from our first trip using the official app and I cannot stop being amazed at how amazing it is/was. I loved being able to click on a ride and see the fp distribution times. So lifechanging to not have to cross the park and find that the fp return window is the one time you have a dining reservation. We were able to easily plan our days on the fly by looking at the app! Also, it can link your annual pass and photopass cards if you have those. Maybe your regular ticket also?? Not sure. I seriously LOVE that app!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter