Best app for wait times?

lilikara

Earning My Ears
Which wait time app do you prefer? What are the pros/cons of the various apps?

We're flying out Monday morning and I'm so excited. Unfortunately, my kids are sick of hearing about it. In fact, I am now forbidden to even say the word Disneyland in our house. But before long, they'll find out what all the fuss is about!

I like Walkee . Only con a lot of the shows aren't on there like Captain EO. Even have links to menus and prices and great map w/ GPS.

I'm not bad, I was drawn this way!

I like Mousewait a lot, and it's free. Also, Walkee is a huge app so you need to connect to WiFi whenever they release updates which is kind of annoying.

Just out of curiousity, when was that? I've used it for several years now (maybe 3?) and it's been incredibly accurate. I'm just surprised to hear this.

We were there July 18-20. Maybe everyone was using it and running to the slower rides hence throwing off the times haha.

We were there July 18-20. Maybe everyone was using it and running to the slower rides hence throwing off the times haha.

Interesting. The staff at Mousewait is pretty responsive, so I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback. How far off were the wait time discrepancies?

I promise I do not work for Mousewait. :)

I had the Verizon Mobile App, Walkee, Mouse Wait and one other installed. I could never get the Verizon one to work for me. My DD could but the second you walked out of the parks you couldn't get info anymore. I found Mouse Wait the most accurate within minutes, Walkee was all over the place.

eta: this was last week, 7/29-8/3

I really like MouseWait too. They list the wait times for rides and attractions as well as restaurants.

Interesting. The staff at Mousewait is pretty responsive, so I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback. How far off were the wait time discrepancies?

I promise I do not work for Mousewait. :)

They were off by a good 20 minutes often. But given the responses on here maybe it was just us :lmao:

if its JUST wait times then yes mousewait is fine but I would not recommend it for anything else it's meant for. I stay with DIS when I want anything else. but what about the disney app itself? I haven't used it but I can't think of a more accurate app than disney.

if its JUST wait times then yes mousewait is fine but I would not recommend it for anything else it's meant for. I stay with DIS when I want anything else. but what about the disney app itself? I haven't used it but I can't think of a more accurate app than disney.

Like I mentioned above I could never get it to work for me. My DD did but the second you walk out of the park only basic info is available which makes it hard to come up with a game plan after a break and heading out again. As far as I know wait time info on Mouse Wait was comparable to the Disney App. Show times are available on both. Character interaction was general for both. The Disney app would sometimes give a specific time for certain characters but was off more then on. We found the best way to get that info was to straight up ask CMs, they were accurate 9 out of 10 times. We never used either for dining, we went straight though Disney services.

I have been following the wait times for our upcoming trip with Disneyland Magic Guide...

Full maps and full menus and opening times with what is happening that day and EMH days...

I have used Touring Plans Lines app for both WDW and DLR and found it to be fairly accurate. I have also used Disney's mobile magic, but did not find it to be reliable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter