• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best and worst Souvenir under $50.00

The best, we bought some bamboo coasters with Mickey on them for not too much. They've been great, we use them often. I guess the reason I say it's the best is because it is something we use. So much of the things we buy we never really use, it just sits around and collects dust.

The worst. To me I guess it's a tie between two things. Number one being a glass. I bought a drinking glass with Mickey on it. I used it once, put it in the dishwasher and it broke. DH said well it wasn't dishwasher safe, there was a sticker on it that said so. Who in the crap makes a drinking glass that's not dishwasher safe in this day and age :confused3 Even if I had seen the sticker I would've thought it was not dishwasher safe because it might've damaged the Mickey on it. It never occurred to me that the glass would shatter. The second thing is t-shirts. The shirt quality just gets worse and worse. I have a shirt that I bought in 2003 that's in pretty good shape considereing I've worn it to work and slept in it. Most shirts that I've bought recently look terrible after six months or so. The design on them fades off and they get holes along the seams, especially under the arm pits.

The best:

-Love, love the oversized coffee mugs and get one every time.
-Baseball hats for my thin hair hold up really well.
-My Mickey pie server and bottle opener. It makes me think of Disney every time I use it.
-the absolute best 2 things I got was a Mickey Hanukkah plate and Hanukkah wall hanging with 8 slots to put a tiny gift in for each day. I found it in 2010 at Pop's gift shop.

The Worst:

-I always get a keychain and it always breaks within a few months.
- Mickey ice cube grabber. It's adorable Mickey hands but I can't pick a single ice cube up with it.

Bad: -A pyjama set, bought a small, and the pants were too small, and the tank top way too big, weird fitting and not great -Surprise bags from the "bargain" store at DTD, it was only $20 but not really worth it, lol -The "Mic-Key's Key covers" the cover came too far down the key and I had to take it off in order to unlock the door :( The Out of Budget: -A mini replica of the partner's statue!

Oh, I forgot about those key covers! I think I lost one (and the key with it!) and I think a friend picked up one as a surprise later...not sure what happened to it, but I'm certainly not using it anymore....so cute, but not a great purchase.

Best: Mickey shaped wine stoppers and Mickey shaped bottle opener, also love my oversized coffee mug from AKL that has Mickey heads in animal prints (love it)

Worst: Mug from Kidani with picture on it came off after three washes in the dishwasher. Now it's just a plain brown mug.

This is a great thread.

The best souvenir I ever purchased for myself was a set of wine glasses from the 2010 Food and Wine Festival. I love them. I use them often. :thumbsup2

The best that I ever purchased for my daughter is a tie between the pick a pearl in Japan, (a MUST DO), and the sweatshirt you see next to my ticker below. We bought at Disneyland last year. We bought it big, and it still fits. Everyone adores it.

The WORST purchase we made was the sparkly mouse ears headband with the princess veils on it. It doesn't fit correctly, and the veils weigh it down in the back, it constantly slides off.

Best- tie between coffee mugs and shot glasses. Disney's shot glasses are strangely generous for such a wholesome place.

Worst- the gun that shoots bubbles that my nephew HAD to have. Made a sticky, soapy mess and quit working before the end of that trip.

2 HUGE mugs, that I use for drinking my enormous cup of tea when I get home from work (holds about 3 standard mugs). Other family members have used them for eating soup or cereal from.

Best: we always get my dad and husband new disney boxers-- try each have a pair over 2 years old and husband always talks about them being his favorite boxers. When we go back this year we are buying him more than one pair, lol
Worst: the tshirt I got shrunk really bad, it could fit my toddler :(

Great thread! I can't help but sit here & jot down a few ideas. I am a big coffee drinker, so my favorite buy would be my coffee mugs. It's a little reminder I see every day. My favorite mug now, was purchased from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's over-sized and has different animal print - mickey heads.
My other would be the charm bracelet my son surprised me with. More of a sentimental value.
Where is the store "Basin" located? Plumeria bath bombs sound great!

There are actually two Basin stores at WDW. Basin is in DTD near the World of Disney store. Basin White is in the Grand Floridian Hotel. The Basin White bath bombs have shea or coco butter in them so they moisturize as well as smell great. The Basin bath bombs do not have the moisturizer in them, just the fizz and scent. I like the Basin White bath bombs best. Basin White has the "Plumeria" scent. Basin has plumeria too but they call it "Therapy" instead.

The best:

-Love, love the oversized coffee mugs and get one every time.
-Baseball hats for my thin hair hold up really well.
-My Mickey pie server and bottle opener. It makes me think of Disney every time I use it.
-the absolute best 2 things I got was a Mickey Hanukkah plate and Hanukkah wall hanging with 8 slots to put a tiny gift in for each day. I found it in 2010 at Pop's gift shop.

The Worst:

-I always get a keychain and it always breaks within a few months.
- Mickey ice cube grabber. It's adorable Mickey hands but I can't pick a single ice cube up with it.

A key chain was on my worst list too, but last visit I finally found one that has lasted. It is a solid stainless steel Mickey head with a red leather strap. It's still going strong!

The best thing I got was this awesome retro looking blue duffel bag luggage thing at Mouse Works in Epcot. I think it was only like $39.00. I love it. I still can't believe it only cost that much.

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhWq5BRjuuoqFBQ~~60_35.JPG

Oh! And I think tshirts and coffee mugs are some of the best things to get!

The worst thing? Hmm I did get a lanyard that is cute but I don't collect pins and it just sits there unused. But other than that i really only got stuff that I knew I could display or use.

This is wonderful thread!!!! I love it!!!!:flower3: For us , we love the clip fridge magnets: they have the year on them and hold fridge art!!!!

Best:Some of the t-shirts are nice. I look for the heavier ones that look like they will last.
Worst:The beach towels have become so thin and shoddy that they aren't worth buying. Still have a couple of the old ones that are thicker and softer.

My favorite purchase ever was the silhouette of my kids that I had done on Main Street when each of them were 4. My bathroom is black and white and they look great. Do they Stil do those??? Would like new ones when we go this summer

I have a Mickey head key chain it looks like the clips you use for mountain climbing or zip lining.

I love my Larry Dotson prints. I have seen him a few times at WDW and. I have him sign my print, and I have a CM or his wife take our picture together with him signing my print.. They laughed the 2nd time I saw them at Art of Animation last year, he told me very few people ask him to sign their prints and to take a picture together. they remembered me from DtD the year before.

stitches4kids said:
My favorite purchase ever was the silhouette of my kids that I had done on Main Street when each of them were 4. My bathroom is black and white and they look great. Do they Stil do those??? Would like new ones when we go this summer

Yes- they still do them! My parents got one of me at five, then at ten. Now it has become a tradition. My husband and I have to get one of me every five years for my parents!

Best souvenir for me would have to be a coffee mug and a Christmas ornament. I don't think I've bought anything over fifty in recent memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter