• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best and Worst Parks when it rains

If it is a quick rain, any park is fine. If it is going to rain for hours, no park is a blast.

Aww--people don't want to enjoy Florida's "liquid sunshine"?

I dunno--some of the most memorable visits I've had to parks was during pouring rain. I say wear crocs, bring an umbrella or a poncho and get wet. When you've had enough, call it a day, laugh and go to your hotel and dry off. We figure "every ride is a water ride!"

Had an Epcot experience where a mid-summer torrential downpour started just as Illuminations began... It was hurricane-esque. Everyone else started RUNNING toward the exit... making the sights extraordinarily funny--the "Chaos" music from Illuminations providing a movie-like-action-film soundtrack. The show stopped after "Chaos" was over. We were already soaked... so we just wandered slowly toward the exit in the downpour.. kicking the lake-like puddles and laughing. Still one of the most memorable visits to the park.

~Matt

I dunno--some of the most memorable visits I've had to parks was during pouring rain. I say wear crocs, bring an umbrella or a poncho and get wet. When you've had enough, call it a day, laugh and go to your hotel and dry off.

Bingo.

One of our favorite times last year was the Thurs morning we woke up and it was steadily raining. We put on our ponchos and headed over to the MK. For the first three hours that morning, there couldn't have been more than 500 people in the entire park. We rode everything, got wet, and had a ball.

We'll do the same next week if it rains on us.

:banana:

I'll be at The World all next week, and the forcast is indeed showing "showers" on several days. However, the forcast is also showing temperatures during the day in the low 80s. I don't have much of a problem if it's warm, but if it turns cool or windy, I tend to find shelter in a building somewhere.:rotfl:

Next week looks OK to me.

:wizard: Karnak

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.. they were really helpful. Good thing we had an off day in our schedule so we can try and go to AK when it's dry. If it was just my husband and I the rain would not bother us too much. It's a different story when you have 2 little ones.

Castlefor2,
I have been a Central Florida resident for the past 35 years. Our weather reports are the same everyday....Chance of rain. November is typically a dry month. I would be surprised if you saw any rain more than 2x's your entire vacation. Very seldom does it rain for more than 30 to 60 minutes. Enjoy your trip. :cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter