Best and Worst of F&W

crabbygal902

after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore
For the folks who have already been to F&W this year...

What was your favorite?
And least favorite?

There is an extensive F & W sticky above where folks are posting about their experiences.

@crabbygal902 @Hopefully Alright I looked at the F&W sticky and quite honestly, there's a lot of chatter about other stuff, but not about best and worst. Not exactly helpful when you want to know what the best & worst were. So I hope people will post here. Its good info to have! ;)

Best & Worst is TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE. I have already read multiple blogs which list the same item in each category. The mods created that sticky to try to keep the F & W Info centralized & organized & not cluttering the forum. I think if folks post their personal opinions here, it may get moved.

I know one year they had fondue.. I realized that to me, if that is what it truly is, it was for sure fondont for me.. Nasty, Nasty stuff..

Best & Worst is TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE. I have already read multiple blogs which list the same item in each category. The mods created that sticky to try to keep the F & W Info centralized & organized & not cluttering the forum. I think if folks post their personal opinions here, it may get moved.
of course it can be subjective...just like any other topic on these boards. But i totally understand if they want to keep F&W chatter in one thread and not multiple. I still think it warrants its own thread. If youre looking for best & worst on the F&W thread, you'll have a very hard time finding it as people are talking about other stuff. Also, there are over 100 pages to go through!

of course it can be subjective...just like any other topic on these boards. But i totally understand if they want to keep F&W chatter in one thread and not multiple. I still think it warrants its own thread. If youre looking for best & worst on the F&W thread, you'll have a very hard time finding it as people are talking about other stuff. Also, there are over 100 pages to go through!

I certainly agree!

I rarely open any thread that has 568 replies. Don't have the time. But, I opened best and worst as I am going to F&W, and would love to hear others opinions about what they think is best. Now if someone wanted to be super helpful and said page 36 has a lot of 'best and worst' posts, I would be grateful. But I can already see that giant thread and I am not interested in culling through it.

I certainly agree!

I rarely open any thread that has 568 replies. Don't have the time. But, I opened best and worst as I am going to F&W, and would love to hear others opinions about what they think is best. Now if someone wanted to be super helpful and said page 36 has a lot of 'best and worst' posts, I would be grateful. But I can already see that giant thread and I am not interested in culling through it.
No kidding!!! Who has time to flip through all those pages? And like i said, most of the chatter is just about random stuff.

We were there last week and did two days at F&W. We had over two nights:

Patagonia: empanada was delicious, perfect flaky crust with enough ground beef inside. Prob a good 6 bites.

Salmon and quinoa was amazing, acc to my DH. I don't care for salmon. He said fish was perfectly cooked.

Beef skewer with chimichurri with ok, probably the least fave. The meat was a little thin and not hot, temperature wise.

Canada: cheddar soup and pretzel roll. I thought the soup was extra salty and would hv liked the roll to be toasted, it was as if it came out of the bag. This was probably our least fave out of everything.

Morocco, we had the kefta pocket and the chocolate baklava. The kefta was good,but the star was the baklava, delicious! We ended up buying another.

Next to USA, we stopped and had two lobster rolls. Sooooo good. Bread was perfect, big pieces of lobster, a garlic mayo. We got them again the second day.

Japan: we had the sushi rolls. Really decent sized portion. Not too spicy, but good.

China: duck in the steamed bun. Very very good! Decent portion of duck. We also got the the potstickers. They were generic but good.

Caribbean : we had the roasted pork with black beans, rice, pickled onions. Very,very good. Good portion. We also shared an order of the Jamaican beef patties. They were small, you got two,but tasty.

Hawaii: pork slider with the pineapple chutney, deliciously messy!

After the first night, I tended to keep a running supply of napkins and extra forks in my purse cuz the later it got, they were harder to find. This was our first F&W and we had a blast!

Overall we thought the portions for perfect for sharing.

Ooh, this will be fun! I'll be there in 3 days and I'll be sure to give my thoughts!

Last year was - Best - pao de queijo from Brazil and Worst - Sushi roll from Japan (wasn't terrible, just average food in a sea of awesomeness!)

South Korea was the favorite in our group (Hubs, myself, DS10, and DD6). We absolutely loved the beef/rice dish and had to go and get more. I really liked the lettuce wrap as well even though a bit messy. The loaded mac and cheese was very good as well (Farm Fresh). The next favorite was the beef bourguignon in France. My kids loved the belgian waffle with chocolate. I know they have this all the time but the cronut (croissant donut) is fantastic!!! This will be a must for us every trip! Hubs really liked the jalapeno margarita in mexico. I enjoyed the slushy drink in france (can't remember) served in a martini glass. I was probably the most disappointed with Canada. It was the one I was looking forward to the most. Everything was just ok -agree about the pretzel roll mentioned above. The steak was overdone. It was our least favorite of everything we had.

Best & Worst is TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE...

Exactly!

I have been known to fly in just for the lamb chop in Australia.

And this proves it. I don't like lamb, so this would be in my "worst" category. But this person would have it in a "best" category. I also despise salmon. So anything with salmon would be in my "worst" category. But if you like salmon, those items might be in your "best" category. I think all these "What are the best/don't miss foods..." threads are worthless. It depends on what you like to eat, not what I like to eat.

This post is rude, sorry. Of course it's subjective--the OP was asking for people's opinions. I hope the thread stays here--I'd like to read about what people liked and didn't like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter