best AKLsavannah view this June?

mickeyworld

DIS Veteran
Would love any personal experiences about AKLsavannah view rooms. I plan to fax my requests in about a week and would love some DIS input first- no kids this time, just us grownups- as much as a DISer can be grownup!

My personal preference is a Zebra Trail room on a lower floor overlooking Arusha Savannah. (But any room at AKL will do).
:D

I stayed at the AKL in April of '03 and we had a Savannah view room. I loved it! It was our first time staying there and we did have our son with us. My thoughts...
It was very quited on the balcony, nice!
We saw so many animals, differnet animals from ostrich to zebra, giraffe, and those long horned cattle. (I'm sure they have a differnt name!)
Anyway the one thing that I had trouble adapting to was the LOOOOONG walk to our room from the entrance! This is how I would describe our location...The resort is shaped like a horseshoe, so if you are holding the horseshoe ready to pitch it we were located all the way down the left side at the tip! We were three rooms from the end! Let me tell you what a pain that was with a 1 year old! It was such a long walk to the pool, to the buses, to the bar, (no we did not take our son, we had a sitter! Ha-Ha!), or the the food services. That was my only negative if you would even call it that!
:earsgirl:

check out this map:
AKL Resort Layout

I personally like the Arusha Savannah best...we have stayed on the Kudu trail and the Zebra trail...the further out you are on the wings, IMO, the better 'view' you're going to get.

we never really minded the walk (yes - sometimes you can have a HIKE to your room)...there are plenty of viewing areas along the way for you to stop (and rest) and watch some animals!

Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter