Best airline for pooh sized ppl

EarthSong

Earning My Ears
I booked at Jet Blue but im reallllyy tall . Im 6"1 so thier extra legroom advertisement really made me choose them not to mention the free snacks and direct tv ...did i mention the free snacks:lmao: Anywho we all know kevin smith just got kicked off an air line...Im not that much smaller than him so im wondering like what if i get kicked off or told to buy an extra seat.How are jet blue seats? Is it REALLY extra leg room?

I booked at Jet Blue but im reallllyy tall . Im 6"1 so thier extra legroom advertisement really made me choose them not to mention the free snacks and direct tv ...did i mention the free snacks:lmao: Anywho we all know kevin smith just got kicked off an air line...Im not that much smaller than him so im wondering like what if i get kicked off or told to buy an extra seat.How are jet blue seats? Is it REALLY extra leg room?

Jetblue is great. And there's another issue about comfort (for all passengers). For the most part, newer aircraft mean more comfortable seating. Not always but it''s a general rule unless the older aircraft has been retrofitted recently. It's the design of the seats and placement (height) of the armrests. Just like most other things, airline seats have improved over time. New ones are thinner and lighter but more comfortable and feel bigger. If you were to sit in Southwest's 17" seats as opposed to Jetblue's 18" seats, you would definitely notice the difference. Not necessarily because of the 1" difference but because Jetblue flies newer planes with well designed interior and seats. Sit in one of Jetblue's E-190 aircraft seats and you will think you're in a first class seat. Their A320 seat, although slightly smaller than the E-190 are very good too if you get one of the newer or retrofitted planes. The older A320's are the lest comfortable of their aircraft but they blow Southwest away any day. And having a TV is cool too. No, I don't work for Jetblue. I just fly them...a lot!

Well, if you are reaaallly tall then my 6'5" husband must be a giant!! :lmao: Jetblue is our airline of choice, mainly due to them being a participant in the resort check in service, and also the TV's. DH has never had a problem with lack of legroom on Jetblue. The seats are very comfortable and roomy. I'm not sure as to the size issue of when you would need to buy 2 seats. Perhaps you could check their website's FAQ?

Well im sitting right next to my small kiddos so even if i spill into the next seat I should be OK . I preselected our seats so were right next to eachother Im more concerned with the leg room . Even when I ride a greyhound for 2 hours I want to scream by the time we get to the destination because my legs are so cramped. I guess ill see in 2 months how smooth things go. I hope my legs arent cramped .

Jetblue is great. And there's another issue about comfort (for all passengers). For the most part, newer aircraft mean more comfortable seating. Not always but it''s a general rule unless the older aircraft has been retrofitted recently. It's the design of the seats and placement (height) of the armrests. Just like most other things, airline seats have improved over time. New ones are thinner and lighter but more comfortable and feel bigger. If you were to sit in Southwest's 17" seats as opposed to Jetblue's 18" seats, you would definitely notice the difference. Not necessarily because of the 1" difference but because Jetblue flies newer planes with well designed interior and seats. Sit in one of Jetblue's E-190 aircraft seats and you will think you're in a first class seat. Their A320 seat, although slightly smaller than the E-190 are very good too if you get one of the newer or retrofitted planes. The older A320's are the lest comfortable of their aircraft but they blow Southwest away any day. And having a TV is cool too. No, I don't work for Jetblue. I just fly them...a lot!

Thank you for all of the info . Is thier true blue program good? What can you use the points for and how many points do you earn each flight?

Thank you for all of the info . Is thier true blue program good? What can you use the points for and how many points do you earn each flight?

The program is not bad but only if you fly them fairly frequently. The bad thing is that points expire unless you have a Jetblue visa/amex or something. I usually get 1-2 tickets per year from them. I have lost some points each year but honestly, the fares are so cheap that it hardly matters. You will notice the difference the moment you get on the plane.

I'm 5'8", dd is 5'9", and dh is 6'4"....JB is our airline of choice. Even if we don't pay for the extra leg room, it's comfy for all of us...even my dh. The extra legroom seats are extremely comfy though.

Airtran regular coach class was almost claustrophobic.

JB extra leg room is really nice and to some worth the extra cost.

I recently flew with Spirit and American - both seemed particularly cramped compared to JB

I prefer Jet blue. I am 6"2 and never face such problem. I travell a lot of times in Jet blue. So there is nothing to worry. Still you think you are not satisfied with try "expedia".

OT: I would avoid Expedia or other on line travel services. Too many horror stories.

I was always flew in jet blue. It has good journey for me. It was so good and pretty. I was also prefered Expedia is nice but not great. Jet blue is so expensive but give nice service then other travel service. I think that Jet blue is best for me for travelling.

Please don't worry one little bit about the Kevin Smith thing. There had to be something else going on there. He is much smaller than my husband, and my husband has NEVER had a problem on planes, not even when he does need the belt extender (though he found out that you can't be seated in an exit row if you need that). As for the extender, the need for that changes depending on what aircraft DH is on...it's very mysterious and he never knows if he'll need it.

Anyway, I just wanted to address that part...

Love Jetblue for all the above reasons. You do feel like you're flying first class.
We're flying Sardine airlines (airtran) next trip and thank goodness it's only 2.5 hours. It's uncomfortable, even if you're short.

Airtran regular coach class was almost claustrophobic.

JB extra leg room is really nice and to some worth the extra cost.

OH MY GOSH so true about Airtran . I am 5'8" and I have never been so uncomfortable in my life as on Airtran. Long 2hours and 45 minutes back to chicago.

my son is 6'3" and my husband is 6'1" and we have flown on jetblue several timesand they did not purchase the extra legroom and have flown both of jet blues types of planes and they were both fine in flying

I just flew airtran on a "new plane" and I thought the seats in coach seemed smaller. The guy in front of me immediately reclined and I felt like I had his head in my lap the entire flight. I didn't even put my tray table down for fear of having him closer to me. So I don't believe that the new planes were designed with more room--at least not the new ones Airtran are using.

I've just completed one of those busy travel months that has let me experience how well a 6'6" human of slightly larger than average width (42" waist) fits on today's airlines.

Best fit in a regular coach seat - Virgin America by a knee cap over Jet Blue.

Best Fit in a pay extra for exit or legroom seat - Jet Blue with honorable mention to AirTran B717 exit row's and Virgin America Main Cabin Select.

Easiest upgrade to First - Delta (never would have believed this - I'm only a Silver medallion, but all four Delta legs taken in the last month got upgraded including a red-eye home from LAX to BOS).

In general, SWA seats are good for fit except for the first and last rows (first row has no foot room due to the bulkhead and the last row is smaller (narrower) due to the lavatories. Exit rows are great and free, but not really free as most are gone with Business Select travelers taking them first.

Jet Blue has lots of space, but I'd have to say that the Airbus seats really lack the depth of padding to allow for seat comfort on 3+ hour flights. The E-190 planes are great, but seldom fly the longer routes. As someone notes above, they have more width by an inch. JB seats also have the best recline mechanism, so no one ends up in your lap when they recline.

Virgin America is a hidden gem. Too bad it doesn't fly too many places yet.

Delta was a pleasant surprise after a few years of service non-excellence.

AirTran was OK in the exit row upgrade seats or if cheap Biz Class upgrades are available.

United and American both stunk for both seat selection, comfort and overall process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter