Best airfare deals from KY/OH/IN/TN to MCO

hskaggs11

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan my airfare out for the trip we just booked (during FD and F&W, yeah!!). We typically fly Southwest due to direct flights from SDF (Louisville, where we live) to MCO. But Southwest hasn't released fares yet, only up til Oct 30th, and we are traveling 11/8 thru 11/13.
Typically, Southwest offers a mid-morning direct flight SDF to MCO, arriving around 2pm. On the other end, the direct flights going back (MCO to SDF) are also mid-morning, so we leave Disney fairly early on our last day. I really want to find early morning flights departing and late afternoon returns to make the most of my Disney time. Is there other cheap options that I am missing out on?? We would be willing to fly out of Lexington, Cincinnati, Indy, or Nashville if the fares are cheap enough. It's just 2 adults. Also up for consideration is flying out on 11/7 (a Saturday) and we would get a RO at a cheaper resort if it saves $$ on airfare, especially if we are avoiding a later morning flight on Sunday that way.

Allegiant flies out of Owensboro and they are typically very cheap, but there are a lot of drawbacks:
  • They tend to tack on a lot of fees which may or may not apply to you.
  • There are only 2 flights per week.
  • They only fly into Sanford, so you'll need to pay for transportation
We considered them last year, but it quickly became clear that it was easier and cheaper to drive.

We generally get a rate of about $285 or so, round trip, non-stop, out of IND for MCO. Not sure if you consider that lower or not, but we consistently get similar rates within about 5 or 10 dollars.

Most of the time, I'm finding Southwest rates somewhere between $250-$300 pp direct round-trip out of Louisville with Southwest when on sale. Was hoping to find something a bit cheaper, or at least with better times for the direct flights. Really, I just want a reason to convince the hubby that we need to fly down a day early!:ssst:

I booked 6/18-6/23. But they had some pretty low flights.

I'm flying for 213.00 CVG to MCO from 5/5/15-5/12/15 on United/Frontier

SWA ... We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2015.

On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016.

This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently

Thanks ibob52, I've got my calendar marked! and Frontier hasn't listed flights past 10/20, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

SWA ... We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2015.

SWA ... On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016.

SWA ... This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently
There is a slight possibility the release date may be sooner than May 14th

(that has happened before in the past)

Allegiant out of Lexington is super cheap, we got $67 each way non stop, but it flies into Sandford. We rent a car anyway, so it doesn't make much of difference to us. Their schedule for November hasn't been released yet.

I'm trying to plan my airfare out for the trip we just booked (during FD and F&W, yeah!!). We typically fly Southwest due to direct flights from SDF (Louisville, where we live) to MCO. But Southwest hasn't released fares yet, only up til Oct 30th, and we are traveling 11/8 thru 11/13.
Typically, Southwest offers a mid-morning direct flight SDF to MCO, arriving around 2pm. On the other end, the direct flights going back (MCO to SDF) are also mid-morning, so we leave Disney fairly early on our last day. I really want to find early morning flights departing and late afternoon returns to make the most of my Disney time. Is there other cheap options that I am missing out on?? We would be willing to fly out of Lexington, Cincinnati, Indy, or Nashville if the fares are cheap enough. It's just 2 adults. Also up for consideration is flying out on 11/7 (a Saturday) and we would get a RO at a cheaper resort if it saves $$ on airfare, especially if we are avoiding a later morning flight on Sunday that way.
check Allegiant out of CVG or LEX. Competitive, even with the fees.

I'll second Frontier from CVG. My daughter only needed one way, from MCO to CVG. I think it was $80, and that was less than a month before.

I just checked Frontier. Right now they've only released fares til 10/20, so hopefully they will release sooner than SW. Allegiant hasn't released past 11/3. Lexington or Owensboro would be better options for us to fly out of than Cinci, we have friends in Owensboro we could park our car with, and family that would drive us to Lex. Cinci we might have to do airport parking or find a park-n-fly hotel. I'll keep checking them and SW.
Thanks for all the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter