• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Age

I think that the "best age" is the age we are now!! Seriously, if this is a once in a lifetime trip..then maybe wait a few years so your kids can have memories. If this is the first of many, then go now!!! Because, while they may not remember specifics, you will!!!! And you all will have a wonderful time.

My daughter was 6 our first trip to WDW, but 9 months for DL!!!

Have fun!!

I think 4 & 5 would be perfect ages. Our first DD went at 2 1/2 when we visited family in Florida and she had a great time. Although she thought we had been to Disney World after eating dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian on our first night there! DD #2 went at 4 1/2 and it was magic! I think you have a great plan!

We just went with our 3.5 year old twins and it was truly magical. Seeing my daughter shake with joy at meeting "the real Cinderella" was worth everything.

I suppose I can understand the argument that she may not remember every detail when she's older, but if that's true, why do anything?

We took so many pictures and the kids love to flip through them and remember.

all ages are perfect for The Happiest Place on Earth.

DD, DM, DS (7mo) in 2001
DD, DM, DS (4yr) in 2004
DD, DM, DS (4yr) in 2005
DD, DM, DS (4yr) in 2005
DD, DS (5yr) in 2005
DD, DM, DS (5yr), DS (1yr) in 2006
DD, DM, DS (6yr), DS (2yr) in 2007
Next trip in 2008.

We have cherished seeing how each of our sons has responded to being at Disney over the years. We have pictures, videos and most importantly the memories of our family.

Of course DS at 7 mo. doesn't remember it, but DD & DM do. Every trip is a new adventure, especially for the kids, they have different interests each trip.

If you are not inclined to make multiple trips over the yrs, then maybe you do want to think about the "perfect" age. Some friends of ours went for the first time in 07, thinking they will go again in 5 yrs. Well, lets just say they have been bitten by the bug and plan to return again this yr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter