• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best affordable family suite in walking distance

Joluru

Mouseketeer
We're going again! This time we're taking my 9 yo nephew along with our own 7 yo boy, 4 yo girl, and toddler. I'd like to get a family suite with a separate room for the kids. Bunk beds are fine, and they can even share beds - the nephew and my boy often end up in the same bed when they have sleepovers and don't mind a bit. Toddler co-sleeps with us, so a king sized bed for the parents would be lovely, but we fit in a queen.

Walking distance is crucial. We take napsn and the ART back to the room for naps was a PITA last week!

A nice pool is a bonus, as is a decent breakfast included, but neither are deal breakers.

And we're on a budget, so cost is a consideration.

Where should we stay?

Hojo has Kids suites that book up quickly so I would call the property directly if it interests you. Their pirate themed pool area is great for young kids and they have a "regular pool" also. No breakfast, parking is free, it's about a 7-10min walk.

To my knowledge, these are the hotels within 1/2 mile that have suites, listed closest to farthest.

Tropicana Inn and Suites
Desert Inn & Suites
Camelot Inn & Suites
HOJOs
Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites
Castle Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
Desert Palms Hotel & Suites
Portofino Inn & Suites

Here is a summary of their amenities: Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels - See more at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796786#sthash.hQeoCuiE.dpuf

Four weeks ago we had the C-1 suite at Desert Inn & Suites, 4 queens plus sleeper sofa. It was perfect for us. The two full bathrooms were very handy!!

It's right across the street on Harbor. EASY walk!! I was able to get from DI&S room to Tower of Terror (including going thru security and front gate) in 15 minutes. If I didn't have kids with me I'm sure I'd of done it in 10minutes.

I had my four grandkids (ages 8,10,15 and 18) and one daughter-in-law on the trip and we all really like the room and especially the location.

It was our first time staying off-site. We will stay at DI&S again. It was clean and I felt the location was safe.

The price was great $850 In on Monday OUT on Saturday

Geemo

We love the Carousel. They have a kids' suite and the resort suite. The Resort suite has 2 rooms, 1 with a queen bed and its own bath, a second room with 2 queens and another bath. I love the all marble bathrooms.

Another vote for Desert Inn and Suites. We have not stayed there yet but have a C2 room booked for our upcoming visit. It gets good reviews, nothing fancy but great location and lots of space for the price. We will be traveling with 2 teenage boys :scared: so separate space is a must!

Another vote for the Desert Inn, purely from a location standpoint. The rooms are nothing fancy at all and the pool pretty much sucks, but the location cannot be beat.

Desert Palms is supposed to be very good as well, but it's a longer walk. On the plus side, they have a decent free breakfast.

We were happy with Desert Inn. Nothing fancy, but clean and both the location and price couldn't be beat.

The Best Western Anaheim Inn has very suites. I stayed in a regular room years ago. Clean, simple, pool is a hole in the ground, and it's next door to the Desert Inn. I'll be getting a suite in June. I know I can always trust Best Westerns.

FYI I believe the "family suite" at the Anaheim Plaza is actually 2 rooms that adjoin, each with 2 queen beds. So you would def want to leave the door between the two open...but I don't know how I'd feel with my kids in the next room with a door "out" ;-)

The Hojo Kids Suites are great but have a maximum of 5 as they have a King Bed in one room and bunk beds and a pull out single sofa in the other - so if you have 6 people they won't work.

Many other suites have three beds that sleep 2 each - so that would likely work better.

Thanks for all the tips!

I don't want the kids to have their own door out, for sure.

Some places that have a 5 person limit don't count a baby in the 5, and ours will be 16 months old this time around. Hopefully she won't count against us, haha.

Thanks for all the tips!

I don't want the kids to have their own door out, for sure.

Some places that have a 5 person limit don't count a baby in the 5, and ours will be 16 months old this time around. Hopefully she won't count against us, haha.

That could be the case - and I think they do have cribs they offer at the Hojo - the suites there have 1 door to the outside and then a door between the two rooms, however the door to the outside is the one in the kids room, but if you leave your bedroom door open then it's like having one big room with only one door out. Each room has it's own bath, tv, desk with large drawers for clothing and closet. Only the parents room has the fridge, microwave, small table and coffee maker and safe in closet.

The only issue if you have very small kids though is there are 2 balconies - you can lock the one in the kids room though.

We are staying at Anaheim Island Inn and looks less then .5miles and was under $500(total price) for 3 nights. Good reviews. It is 2 rooms with 3 queens total and they have on that is 4 queens.

melissac said:
We are staying at Anaheim Island Inn and looks less then .5miles and was under $500(total price) for 3 nights. Good reviews. It is 2 rooms with 3 queens total and they have on that is 4 queens.

I've never heard of the Anaheim Island Inn. Where is it located?

Thanks for the info. I added this hotel to the Walking Distance Hotel List thread.

Are you talking about the Islander? If so then it's a longer walk than you think. Places on Katella don't seem too far until you've been walking in the park all day. Then it seems like miles. Just my opinion garnered from previous trips.

Not 2 separate rms, but really inexpensive (125 or so plus 10 pkg) BWPPI mini suite. The config we had last week was a very long room with sofa bed (half wall to block tv somewhat) then 2 queens. Only 1 bath though. Boys would love sofa bed (or should say my kids do) then 4 yr could sleep in queen right next to you, and you could transfer toddler to that bed.

Another vote for Desert Inn & Suites. Our room was clean. We didnt use the pool as it looked gross, the breakfast was eh. But the rooms have a fridge, microwave, a safe. Short walk to the parks and to the ART shuttles if you have to go anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter