Best 1TS restaurant for salmon dinner?

DISdreamin'

DIS Veteran
The subject line says it all! I'm looking for a restaurant that has salmon on the menu regularly for dinner. I don't want to spring for a 2TS meal unless I really have to (we'd pay OOP if that was the case) - but if you think that's the way to go, please let me know! Thanks for any advice you can offer.

My Dh had salmon at 2 places last trip, Cali Grill and Akerhaus. He said it was OK at Cali Grill but raved and raved about the salmon at Akerhaus. He said it was the best meal all trip. So, while I am not a fish eater, if yo uwant his advise he would say Akerhaus was outstanding.

I've had some really amazing salmon throughout the World. Some of the most memorable for me were at Coral Reef and Le Cellier.

Artist Point at WL Cedar plank roasted king salmon is my favorite.

I don't know it this restaurant has become a signature since the last time I went?

I loved the maple glazed salmon at the Canadian F & W kiosk last week. I would pick Le Cellier for salmon!

I had the Salmon Two Ways at Le Cellier. The Hoisin sauce preparation was excellent, the citrus one not as much. Next time I will ask if I can have just the Hoisin prep.

On my last trip last month I had a salmon dish that included fingerling potatoes and salad at Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace that was wonderful. Best yet, it's considered a counter service credit.

On my last trip last month I had a salmon dish that included fingerling potatoes and salad at Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace that was wonderful. Best yet, it's considered a counter service credit.
WOW! Something to keep in mind as we are staying at POR, so getting to WPE is no biggie.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions! I am looking into an ADR for DH and myself, if my mom will watch the kids for a little while for us, for a nice sit-down on a different night, but DH sure wouldn't mind eating salmon more than once while at the World! :thumbsup

Grand Floridian Cafe has an excellent salmon salad, but I think just at lunch. We went to Tony's Town Square for an early dinner before MNSSHP and I had the salmon there. I was surprized how good it was! I wanted to lick the plate! :rotfl2:

My Dh had salmon at 2 places last trip, Cali Grill and Akerhaus. He said it was OK at Cali Grill but raved and raved about the salmon at Akerhaus. He said it was the best meal all trip. So, while I am not a fish eater, if yo uwant his advise he would say Akerhaus was outstanding.

Never beeen to Cali Grill, but I agree with Akershus.

My dh had gotten the Salmon there and it was the BEST salmon I have ever tasted in my life and to this day the best meal we've had in Disney (and we just happend to stop in there because we were hungry without an adr!

If I remember correctly they baked a smoked salmon on top of the salmon or something like that...can't remember exactly but just remember that I was mad I didn't order it!;)

Hrm I may get flames but...I don't like the salmon at disney...there I said it. Much of what they serve is smoked salmon and when I've been served salmon at any of the buffets its always funky. I'm a firm believer that fish should not smell like fish unless we are talking about something tuna, salted cod etc. But fresh fish should not smell like fish or its not fresh. Personally while at disney I like the tilapia ok laugh at me but they farm there own tilapia so its always super fresh. I've had excellent crab also but the salmon no matter where I've tried it has left much to be desired.

Artist Point at WL Cedar plank roasted king salmon is my favorite.

I don't know it this restaurant has become a signature since the last time I went?

Artist Point has always been a signature restaurant.

I had great salmon dish at Le Chefs de France last xmas week and also at The Wave. I love salmon and both of these were great! The salmon at Le chefs was on the price-fix chefs menu so I was able to get the app, entree and dessert combo even with the regular DDP. There is also salmon on the menu at buffet at Tusker house at lunch and it was very good also and it is sometimes on the menu at Boma, depending on teh cycle.

Connears

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter