Besides butterbeer, what's a fun snack item at UO?

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
When we were visiting WDW, we always looked forward to Mickey bars and the Dole Whips, among other things. We didn't find much unique at Universal last time, so maybe we weren't looking hard enough? Butterbeer is great, but there must be some other signature snacks we missed? What would you recommend?

have you been to Schwabs Pharmacy?

Schwab's Pharmacy

Best for Family
You won't find any starlets waiting to be discovered by a talent agent at this famed Hollywood landmark, but you will find delicious Ice Cream Sundaes, Milk Shakes, Malts, Banana Splits and Ice Cream Floats.

Service Type: Counter Service
Dining Hours: Lunch and Dinner daily

or to Ben and Jerry's for ice cream?

Ben and Jerry's

Vermont's favorite ice cream makers bring their best to Universal Studios. This is no fake movie set… this ice cream parlor features Ben & Jerry’s unmistakable Ice Cream in Waffle Cones, Sundaes and Shakes, plus delicious Smoothies.

Hours: 11:00m to Park Close daily
Service Type: Counter Service
ing choices than The Big Apple, and on the New York sets of Universal Studios® you'll find street vendors hawking everything from ice cream and cold drinks to churros, fresh fruit, popcorn, even smoked or

No place offers more dining choices than The Big Apple, and on the New York sets of Universal Studios® you'll find street vendors hawking everything from ice cream and cold drinks to churros, fresh fruit, popcorn, even smoked turkey legs.

for snacks, i usually go to Boulangerie for pastries or cheesecake.
other times i like to buy fudge treats at the main merch store.

Schwab's Pharmacy is great.

Then we love popcorn, churro s, dip n dots, Ben and Jerry's too.:thumbsup2

My favorite stuff is at The Wizarding World... strawberry and peanut butter ice cream is my favorite, cauldron cakes and rock cakes are good too.

The cupcakes at Springfield in USF were good.. have only tried the oreo kind but they have a few other flavors.

Rock cakes! Soooo good. Have one in the morning with a cup of coffee? Great way to start the day!

We always have to get a Scotch egg from Finnegans.

We do get them sometimes in Manhattan, but they are usually served cold. The hot version at Universal is also delicious....
Ohhhh....we'll be there soon!!!!!

I love the Ben & Jerry's ice cream served at Cathy's Ice Cream stand in IOA's Toon Lagoon.

As others have mentioned Schwab's is good. I like getting either a malt or sundae from there.

If you're after more unique treats, Honeydukes would probably be your best bet: Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, Treacle Fudge.

There's also a candy store near the entrance of USF that might have some unique treat choices.

The first year I went to Wizarding World, I got a pumpkin juice and a cauldron cake. That pumpkin juice really did taste like pumpkin (mind you, with loads of sugar).

Otherwise, I always buy a hot doughy pretzel. Not exactly unique to Universal, but it's my favourite amusement park snack. :)

My boys loved the churros. But I can't forget the HUGE cookies at the bakery counter in the shops. I had the most delicious sugar cookie ever, the size of a large scone. So YUM!!

DH grabbed one at the Kwik-E-Mart to eat while the kids and I rode. The girl at the register said they were buy one, get one free. DH says "so how stale are they then??" (I was slightly mortified...) to which she replied "oh, they're fresh--they don't last long." It was $2, so $2 for 2 BIG donuts, and yes, they were very fresh. I don't care for frosting/sprinkles, but the base donut was pretty soft and tasty. My fave snack there is still the Pumpkin Fizz, though. (NOT a Butterbeer fan.) And after reading this thread, I'm kicking myself for forgetting to get a Cauldron Cake this time! Sooo good..

If the Simpsons food places are open during HHN nights, I'm definitely trying a donut at the Lard Lad!!

Chocolate Chip Supreme cookie sold at candy store at front entrance of both parks. Also love Thing 1 and Thing 2 rice crispy treats.

They also had a new beverage at Moe's (Simpson's). It was non-alcoholic with fizzy stuff in the bottom. Oh how I wish I could remember the name. It is definitely something I have never seen anywhere else before.

...So what's pumpkin fizz? We had the bottled pumpkin juice when we were there (Feb 2011).

Making notes, keep it coming! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter