Bernards Tours on St Maarten Oct 20 Fantasy Cruise

Star Wars Guy

Jedi Master
My DW and I are curious about taking this Tour while on our upcoming cruise and wondered who else would be taking it and your thoughts on it.

Our main interest is to see the big planes land by Maho Beach as well as see the island.

We did Bernard's Tours in January, had a great time. Took us all over the island and finished it with Maho and the planes.

We did Bernards in June. Didn't love it. Won't do it again. The time at Maho was short, so if that is your main focus you may be disappointed.
It was A LOT of time in the van. Our tour left at around 9:00, returned around 4:00. We spent 90 minutes at Orient beach (which I liked a lot) and about 30 minutes at Maho.
People rave about it, and although there wasn't anything particularly bad, it is not something that I "higlhy recommend" like so many other people.

We used Bernard's Tours in May and absolutely LOVED it :cool1:! We had 9 DIS friends :grouphug: in our group and we were lucky enough to get our own private van :thumbsup2. Our driver, John, let us create our own itinerary. We skipped Orient Beach and spent the largest chunk of time at Maho. Watching those planes was so surreal. We will definitely use Bernard's again if we go back to St. Maarten.

Is anyone on the Oct 20th Fantasy cruise taking this Tour?

I am on that cruise, but we won't be taking that tour because we took it last october and LOVED it!! There was 8 of us, so we did the private tour. We got to see everything and I thought it was fabulous. You will love it.

We loved this tour back in April!! We had a wonderful day. I recommended this to a co-worker who was sailing on RC and she said it was her favorite excursion.

We are on this cruise and doing Bernard's too! We are doing the one with the beach stop at 0rient Beach.

We are on the Oct. 20th Fantasy Cruise, and we are going on the Bernard's Tour. We chose Tour #1, that had a little less time at Orient Beach. See you then! :)

Used Bernards to tour in 2010. Absolutely loved it. We did have our own party of 11 so we told the driver what we would like, ie. beach time, Maho Beach for the planes and an island tour. Water, beer and soda were included and we really appreciated the great time.

We decided on Tour One because we wanted some time to explore Phillipsburg after we returned from the tour -- want to find that Guavaberry wine store - LOL

We did Bernards last Jan and loved it. The driver was a lot of fun and he let us decide where we wanted to go and how much time. The water was kind of rough at Orient, so we decided to split the extra time between Marigot and Maho instead. Maho is amazing!!! We stayed for the late KLM flight to take off, it is on Youtube, you will get blasted by the sand, but lots of fun. In Marigot, we had lunch at Sabine's, a French bakery, even if you don't eat there, go in for the cases, very beautiful for food. He was very concious of the time and got us back in plenty of time.

We did Bernards in June. Didn't love it. Won't do it again. The time at Maho was short, so if that is your main focus you may be disappointed.
It was A LOT of time in the van. Our tour left at around 9:00, returned around 4:00. We spent 90 minutes at Orient beach (which I liked a lot) and about 30 minutes at Maho.
People rave about it, and although there wasn't anything particularly bad, it is not something that I "higlhy recommend" like so many other people.

I have to completely agree! If we ever go back, we don't need to do this tour again. Lots of time in the van. It was okay with two highlights...Orient beach was fantastic. In Marigot, we had time to use the restroom and then had to leave to make it to Maho in time for the planes landing which was a lot of fun. Our driver was Sexy and he was nearly impossible to understand. When the tour ended, he stood at the van door and talked on his cell phone.

I do however highly recommend The Sea Safari/Virgin Breeze tour on St. Thomas. We had a blast!

Holly4 said:
I have to completely agree! If we ever go back, we don't need to do this tour again. Lots of time in the van. It was okay with two highlights...Orient beach was fantastic. In Marigot, we had time to use the restroom and then had to leave to make it to Maho in time for the planes landing which was a lot of fun. Our driver was Sexy and he was nearly impossible to understand. When the tour ended, he stood at the van door and talked on his cell phone.

I do however highly recommend The Sea Safari/Virgin Breeze tour on St. Thomas. We had a blast!

We loved Orient Beach also. Honestly could have stayed there all afternoon. If/when we go back on an Eastern that is exactly where we're headed.

And we did not like Orient Bay beach very much at all. Loved Maho. Our guide personalized the tour for us so we spent less time at Orient Bay and more at Maho :) We had Sugar & he was spectacular 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Silverfox97 said:
And we did not like Orient Bay beach very much at all. Loved Maho. Our guide personalized the tour for us so we spent less time at Orient Bay and more at Maho :) We had Sugar & he was spectacular 8)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When you were at Maho, did you go on the beach, or go to the restaurant and hang out? I found the beach at Maho to be small, rocky, crowded, and in lots of places you were unable to sit because of the jet wash from the take-offs. We saw a plane land...and that was fun for about 5 minutes, but to actually go to the beach there was difficult IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter