• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bentos in Epcot Japan Pavillion?

MissAndrea

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at Bento boxes and accessories online. We are going to Disney in a couple of weeks and I wondered if the Japan pavillion sold them. If so, I might wait and buy some there. Anyone know if they carry bentos stuff, and if so, is there a decent selection? Are they way more expensive there?

I went looking for these last year, and they didn't have them :(

I feel like I remember them being there before... but none recently.

We were there in July and I am fairly certain that I saw them in that big store in the Japan pavilion.

Asian Food Grocer has a good selection. But be warned that bento boxes are pretty darn small. I've looked at some at the home good store next to Mitsuwa marketplace (Japanese grocery store) in NJ and just don't see that I'd get enough food in one to satisfy me.

I looked in the Japan pavillion in February. I asked for help finding them since I couldn't find them myself. They carried 2 boxes and neither was any nicer than the ones I saw online but they were certainly more expensive. There was nothing Disney about them at all to warrant a higher price and frankly the lids didn't stay on very well so you'd need to put a strap around it (I know this is necessary with some boxes but you can usually buy the straps with the box in that case but there were no straps in the store).

Buy them online.

I saw these in the Japanese pavilion at EPCOT in May. I know they were there because only one local restaurant uses these and I was so excited to see them at EPCOT!

They have the very traditional style of box at the Japanese pavilion. It wasn't what I was looking for. I am still on the hunt for the perfect one for us. My daughter uses the Laptop Lunch system and while that works for her- my son needs a different style I think.

I got some divided box containers(although they weren't called bentos and didn't have the tiny containers inside like the Laptop system), they were cheap and worked well though...the best one i got at Ross called Sistema brand,but I picked up a more basic one at Old navy and at JCPenney. The ones I have have a sandwich size area and then smaller areas for chips and veggies,etc....I do love the panda one on Amazon...tempting

I love the Monorail bento trays they were selling at the Japan pavillion a couple of years ago. ADORABLE!!! Not sure they are there anymore but at $49 they probably weren't flying out of there.

A friend gave me a link to a site that has a ton of stuff and she said they ship really fast, but I just kinda wanted to see some in person before I bought anything. I've also been looking at them on Amazon.

Edit- OK, I just went to see what the site was that the friend mentioned and it's called all things for sale dot com. She said she ordered on Friday and had it by Monday. The only thing I don't like is that their logo is right in the middle of all the pictures making some of them kind of hard to see. They do have a huge selection though.

A friend gave me a link to a site that has a ton of stuff and she said they ship really fast, but I just kinda wanted to see some in person before I bought anything. I've also been looking at them on Amazon.

Edit- OK, I just went to see what the site was that the friend mentioned and it's called all things for sale dot com. She said she ordered on Friday and had it by Monday. The only thing I don't like is that their logo is right in the middle of all the pictures making some of them kind of hard to see. They do have a huge selection though.

I've ordered from them several times and they really do have great customer service. My orders have always arrived in just days.

I am totally bummed to read Japan may not carry bento boxes any longer! I write a bento lunch blog for kids and was really looking forward to scoring some new goodies while in Disney! :(

I buy all my Bento supplies at Daiso - it's a Japanese dollar store and is SO awesome. It looks like the locations are only in CA and WA though.:( But if you have a sanrio store they often carry boxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter