Bengal BBQ??

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
I was reading on another trip report that someone went to get food from the Bengal BBQ just before the 2nd parade and they only had 2 types of skewers left. Is it usual for them to run out early or was this just a one off. I was planning on getting a few items from there the day we arrive, but we won't get into the park until around 5:30pm (our flight lands at LAX at 2:30pm). So should I plan on getting a quick bite to eat somewhere else? We won't want a sit down meal as we will have had food on the flight (11 hours from London.) Perhaps grabbing something from Whitewater Snacks would be better as we are staying at the GCH anyway??

i've never heard of them running out of skewers.. they've got about 5 kinds of skewers.. and i've made 1 kind.. lol

if you're really interested in trying them, i'd say try for it. they might be able to make more...

highly recommend them though!!

they were some the best food i had in the park (not chrcter meals) but they were grate mine had all meat no veggys and i just loved it

If you are staying at GCH on your day of arrival, I dont what time your getting in, I would definitely eat at Whitewater. Its one of our favorites.
BBBQ is worth going to also, but either for fast lunch or dinner. Their tiger tails are great!

Bengal is the best snack or smaller meal. I have actually gone into DL just to grab some Bengal for lunch and left! Satisfying cravings is a great thing.

OK, OP here. I know bengal BBQ is yummy (I am so looking forward to the bacon and asparagus skewer and the chicken one), but can anyone answer my origional question. Do they usually run out of food before the 2nd parade, or was the trip report I read where this happened a one off?

OK, OP here. I know bengal BBQ is yummy (I am so looking forward to the bacon and asparagus skewer and the chicken one), but can anyone answer my origional question. Do they usually run out of food before the 2nd parade, or was the trip report I read where this happened a one off?

This can happen and Bengal will in most cases close a couple hours before park closing. Get them earlier while they are still open, you might wait too long and the place will be closed.

I've been burned before as they rarely stay open until closing.

The beef skewers with mild spicy sauce (get extra) and the veggie kabobs are to die for! It is not often you can be that excitied about DL food but Bengal BBQ qualifies!

OOO that sounds delicious !!!

Maybe I'm the only one, but Bengal Bbq was only ENH :confused3 for me and I wouldn't stand in the line again for it. I thought the meat was overcooked and dry, my kids didn't like the sauces and they LOVE bbq. So, for me, it isn't worth it.

No flaming please!! :wave2:

I love getting the chicken skewer and the sauce is nice and sweet. I guess the name would confuse some ppl bc even though the food is being bbqed, the sauce isn't the traditional bbq sauce and they're all different for each skewer. If I'm not that hungry and I want something small to eat, I'd go to Bengal BBQ or the Little Red Wagon to get me some corndogs!

Bengal's BBQ is ok, I thought it was a lot for a little.
more like an over priced kids menu:lmao:

:wizard: Rudy

Thats why I haven't gone there yet. Would it disappoint me ? (the portions for the price)

Gosh, that could be said about everything at DLR! If I went there thinking about the profit margin or how there are better deals to be had in the world it would be too depressing! Bengal is unique and tastes good, if the portions are thought to be small or inadequate just buy more and live life!

I don't disagree with you, just choose not to care too much. I do get two chicken skewers and one veggie skewer to make it worthwhile if I'm making it a meal.

I don't disagree with you, just choose not to care too much. I do get two chicken skewers and one veggie skewer to make it worthwhile if I'm making it a meal.

Sounds like a good idea. I will definitely do that then !! Thanks DoomBugger !!

Sounds like a good idea. I will definitely do that then !! Thanks DoomBugger !!

It comes out to around $12-13 with two chicken or beef skewers, a veggie kabob and a drink. Remember to use your AP for the 10% discount!

(approximations)
3 skewers / kabobs @ $3.75 x3 = $11.25
Drink: $2.50 + $11.25 = $13.75

$13.75 - 10% (AP discount) = $12.38

Excuse my math if it is flawed (should be close) and if my pricing of the items is off but they should be close too.:confused3

You must try it, my sister who lives an hour from WDW, whenever she is back here in SoCal and we go all she can talk about is Bengal and how frustrated she is that MK's Adventureland doesn't have one!

Just one more thing DL has over it's FL counterpart!:rotfl2:

It comes out to around $12-13 with two chicken or beef skewers, a veggie kabob and a drink. Remember to use your AP for the 10% discount!

(approximations)
3 skewers / kabobs @ $3.75 x3 = $11.25
Drink: $2.50 + $11.25 = $13.75

$13.75 - 10% (AP discount) = $12.38

Excuse my math if it is flawed (should be close) and if my pricing of the items is off but they should be close too.:confused3

You must try it, my sister who lives an hour from WDW, whenever she is back here in SoCal and we go all she can talk about is Bengal and how frustrated she is that MK's Adventureland doesn't have one!

Just one more thing DL has over it's FL counterpart!:rotfl2:

OOO !! great ! That sounds like a meal at a sit down anyway, and you're slightly paying less than if you would at a restaurant. I'm getting my AP for the first time in October, so its a definite MUST DO :) !! Thanks DoomBugger !!!

:sad2: you better off having a sit down than a few pieces of chicken on a stick.

OP: We tried to eat at BBBQ before 7 pm parade, and DH went over to get food and they only had a couple of spicy beef and asparagus left. I was SO bummed. I had been looking forward to it all day (and it was our last day, so I never got a change to go back). They do close early and at the end of the day they could run out (don't know why they don't keep cooking:confused3 ).

My advice is to have a back up plan! I had to go in search of food after the parade was over since we did not get enough to feed the entire family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter