• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Benefits to booking vacation on Disney website?

ac191776

Earning My Ears
Are there any benefits to booking a vacation to Disneyland on the Disney website? I see they do a payment now, payment later system but do any other sites do payments?

I've never booked directly through the Disney site but I have booked multiple trips through Get Away Today. My mom began using them when I was a kid and for my two "adult" trips I've used them as well. I'm planning a trip for February and I decided to use their payment plan option. It's really easy and convenient they'll send you monthly reminders when you have a payment coming up.

Are there any benefits to booking a vacation to Disneyland on the Disney website? I see they do a payment now, payment later system but do any other sites do payments?

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2012-resort-hotel-package/

When you purchase a 2012 Resort Hotel vacation package from the official Walt Disney Travel Company, you'll receive the following:

Disneyland Resort Hotels

Accommodations at one of the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels:
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
The Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel

Hotel Benefits

Complimentary fitness center access
Recreational facilities
Located footsteps away from Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park
Exclusive Disney California Adventure Park entrance
Theme Park Tickets

All Guests receive a Disneyland Resort Park Hopper souvenir ticket*, valid for same day entry into both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

Magic Morning Early Access

Receive one Magic Morning** admission into selected attractions at a designated theme park. Valid with Disneyland Resort Park Hopper souvenir tickets of 3-Days or longer.

Disney Character Calls

Get a very special call welcoming you to Disneyland Resort from Mickey, Minnie or Goofy!

Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness

Enjoy Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness***, an interactive Guest and Disney Character experience where you are the star.

Preferred Seating

Guests can take advantage of preferred seating at select Disney California Adventure Park shows.

Pin and Lanyard

EXCLUSIVE! Receive a Walt Disney Travel Company Collectible Pin and Lanyard. One set per person.

† Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
* Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.
** Magic Morning Early Admission at Disneyland Park
Magic Morning early entry allows admission into selected attractions at Disneyland Park before the Park opens to the public on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.
Only registered Guests at a Disneyland Resort Hotel who have a valid admission ticket, Guests who have purchased select Disneyland Resort Vacation Packages or Guests holding special Disneyland Resort Tickets that include Magic Morning admission benefits may participate.
Each member of your travel party must have a valid theme park admission. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, it is strongly recommended that guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
*** Operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Each Guest must have a valid multi-day admission media from Walt Disney Travel Company in order to enter Disneyland® Park and Mickey's Toontown. CST: 1022229-50 © Disney

You can also use AAA and Costco both book through Disney and get all the same perks mentioned. AAA is sometimes a little bit cheaper and Costco includes a free character meal and a GC that makes it a better value if you were planning to do a character meal anyway. And they do the payment plan the exact same way as Disney.

I generally run the numbers for the exact same vacation at GAT, Costco, and AAA and then go with the cheapest option that includes the perks I want.

This answers some questions I just posted elsewhere. Thanks. :)

Follow up: What are these perks really worth? In other words....... if you booked everything ala carte (tickets, hotel, airfare) and it came out cheaper than a disney package....... at what point would you forgo the perks and just book things separately?

P.

This answers some questions I just posted elsewhere. Thanks. :)

Follow up: What are these perks really worth? In other words....... if you booked everything ala carte (tickets, hotel, airfare) and it came out cheaper than a disney package....... at what point would you forgo the perks and just book things separately?

P.
I look at a package and see how the perks factor into the overall price when compared to booking myself.
The Character Meals and $20 gift card being offered now, are about the only thing I give a monetary value to.
For the price difference I usually come up with, I can skip the luggage tag and pin and lanyard.

I began booking in July for our October trip. Since I booked everything, prices have decreased. Each time the price goes down, I re-book and save. Airfare has gone down $160total for 4 people, the Harbor-Hotel has gone down $80 and the rental car dropped $50. Money saved will be spent feeding three teenagers..:rotfl:

Booking myself, I feel gives me more flexibility and save money too.

There is no right or wrong way to book a trip to Disney.
Find what works for you and Go For It!!

Geemo

I look at a package and see how the perks factor into the overall price when compared to booking myself. The Character Meals and $20 gift card being offered now, are about the only thing I give a monetary value to. For the price difference I usually come up with, I can skip the luggage tag and pin and lanyard. I began booking in July for our October trip. Since I booked everything, prices have decreased. Each time the price goes down, I re-book and save. Airfare has gone down $160total for 4 people, the Harbor-Hotel has gone down $80 and the rental car dropped $50. Money saved will be spent feeding three teenagers..:rotfl: Booking myself, I feel gives me more flexibility and save money too. There is no right or wrong way to book a trip to Disney. Find what works for you and Go For It!! Geemo

I was reading your post and was wondering did you use Disney site or another site. Also did you have cancelations fees with hotel and airlines. Heck maybe I should you make my plans lol. Thanks for any advise you can give me

I was reading your post and was wondering did you use Disney site or another site. Also did you have cancelations fees with hotel and airlines. Heck maybe I should you make my plans lol. Thanks for any advise you can give me

I saved another $40 on rental car by calling the Costco number yesterday and talking with AVIS rep....:)

BarbLM
I had booked packages in the past, once I used AAA. It was a NIGTHMARE. The AAA agent really screwed up on the details of that trip. After that I always called Disney to book a package.

It wasn't until I found DIS board, that I felt I could do it myself. Now I see what's going on on DIS and go to the specific site for info, then I call to make a reservation.

As you will find here on the board, you book reservations that can be canceled with no penalties. AirFare is the only item that has penalties for canceling or changing. With Alaska there's NO charge for fare reductions.

Once I booked my reservation personally by phone with the Harbor-Hotel we chose for the trip, I went online to book Alaska Airlines and Costco Rental car.

After booking is when the games begin.....

At least daily, I go online and re-check all the rates. If the rate goes down, I re-book another reservation, for the lower amount. When new res. is confirmed, I cancel the more expensive reservation.

For the hotel and air fare reductions, I called an spoke with a person.
The only thing this has cost is my time. There have been no fees required.

And nothing has been pre-paid, other than airfare. I want as little as possible tied up in case there is an emergency and we can't go.

Reading the threads have been really beneficial. I have learned so much in such a short time.

Again as I mentioned, there is no right or wrong way to book a trip to Disneyland. Find what works for you and there you go!!

I like the flexibility of of making changes when I see the costs go down.

Geemo

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2012-resort-hotel-package/

When you purchase a 2012 Resort Hotel vacation package from the official Walt Disney Travel Company, you'll receive the following:
You might want to see what the perks are for 2013 or 2014 for that matter.....

Magic Morning Early Access
Receive one Magic Morning** admission into selected attractions at a designated theme park. Valid with Disneyland Resort Park Hopper souvenir tickets of 3-Days or longer.
MM for 2013 is replaced with EE to both DL and DCA

Mickey's Toontown Morning MadnessI believe this has been discontinued
Enjoy Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness***, an interactive Guest and Disney Character experience where you are the star.

Preferred SeatingI believe this has been discontinued too...

Guests can take advantage of preferred seating at select Disney California Adventure Park shows.

Looking into booking a package??? You might want to review current information. There were changes from 2012 to 2013.

In my opinion, the biggest perk for staying On-Site for 2013 has been EE to both parks!!

Haven't heard what 2014 packages will provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter