benefits of using travel agent

wosmack

Earning My Ears
:confused3 Hey guys....just wondering if y'all could give me some advice. I was wondering if a travel agent gets any cheaper rates for WDW, or if it's just as cheap for me to go online and book vacation or call WDW myself to book trip. We are looking at going this March during the % off rates for on property stay.

Thanks in advance!!

Well, I haven't used one yet, but I can tell you why I will. It will be our first trip to WDW. I need someone who knows the ins and outs, who can make meal reservations for me and keep on top of any deals that may come out for my dates and/or notice that other dates around that time may actually be better.

When we go to DLR I make all the arrangements myself and I know what I'm doing.

I don't know if it will end up saving me money in the end but I know I need some help with this trip!

Disney travel agents can't book you for cheaper rates but if it's your first time, it's definitely helpful to have one. Sometimes discounts are offered after you book and your agent will be able to rebook for you with that discount. Also, they can help you navigate the dining reservations and give you advice on any extras you might be wondering about.

I'd say if it's you first time and you're feeling a little flustered, it's definitely worth having a Disney travel agent!

Thanks to you both for your replies. We have actually been to WDW before, and have always done fine booking it ourselves. But I started wondering if I was missing discounts that agents were able to get. Thanks again!

For DL I DIY it, simply as I live relatively close to it, and know what hotels, air etc, and find it cheaper to do it myself. However when it comes to WDW we will be using a good TA. Our trip to WDW will be complex to book (flying to MCO then to Baltimore afterwards) before heading home. I'll do a bunch of research on flight's etc, so that when I am ready to book the trip, I know how I want to book things, and it makes it easier working with a TA.

A good disney TA (as in one who only does disney trips) will automatically apply any discounts that come out after you book, so you don't have to keep searching for a better price.

The main reason I use one is because, well, why not? If it doesn't cost me more money and someone else can make a commission off of it, there's no reason not to. I just think of it as helping the economy.

wosmack said:
:confused3 Hey guys....just wondering if y'all could give me some advice. I was wondering if a travel agent gets any cheaper rates for WDW, or if it's just as cheap for me to go online and book vacation or call WDW myself to book trip. We are looking at going this March during the % off rates for on property stay.

Thanks in advance!!

AAA often has discounted rates below the rates you could get booking online by yourself. And the AAA benefits make it even better. AAA story time, is a must do for our family. AAA diamond parking is also a huge plus for us because we drive. And the AAA fireworks viewing is great too. And we have an awesome agent who goes above and beyond when booking our trips, and searching for discounts to apply after booking!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Some agencies also reserve blocks of rooms that they then offer at a discount. This discounted rate can be different than what is available to the public, or might be during a time when there are no discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter