Benefits for Professional Interns in Los Angeles???

brightsurf

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'm curious about what benefits Professional Interns have. The two I'm most interested in is theme park benefits and fitness center membership. I noticed that Walt Disney Studios has a fitness center, and I want to know if any Disney employee/intern can use it. Answers from anyone who has experience or knows how it works would be appreciated.

I can't speak to LA (I'm a PI in Orlando), but I would assume that you would have access to the fitness center. Oftentimes those are open to active employees, which is what PIs are considered to be. As long as you have a blue badge (rather than a green badge which is for non-employee contractors) you should have access to pretty much anything "extra" like a fitness center. Have you been offered the PI? If so, this may be something to ask your recruiter about since they should be able to get you an answer.

As for theme parks, anyone with a blue badge gets free entry most days of the year for every park except Tokyo (there are a few that are blocked out. Generally July 4th, Christmas, New Years) as well as the ability to admit guests into the parks a limited number of times. I know DLR works a little differently than WDW as far as admission media, but the idea is the same.

If you are wondering about benefits such as healthcare/401K/vacation/etc, interns do not get those (at least in Parks and Resorts).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter