Belushi Nice Guy

bwcb4

Mouseketeer
We were on the 1-17 cruise with the "According To Jim" group. One night my 12 year old son returned to our cabin and I asked him what he'd been doing. He said he'd been in Quarter Masters playing with Jim. "Oh, he's a kid you met in your club?" "No. The tv Jim." "What??!!!"

It turns out that my son and about four other kids were in the arcade and Jim Belushi walked in by himself and started playing video games and air hockey with them. My son said he was fun and really nice to all of them. He must have stayed for a while 'cause he played two video games (Jim won) and one game of air hockey (proud son won) just with my kid! My teenage son wanted to know who paid for the games. Jim treated them all.

We haven't figured out exactly what we're going to do yet....but we're planning on a "Jim" party when they air the shows. I'm sure there are a "few" good perks to being a tv star, but after watching them tape all week you realize how many long, hot, boring hours they deal with to get a few lines done.

Thanks for the post ...

Jim B always seemed grounded in his celebrity during his interviews and this just reinforces it. Almost like the dad next door....

It sure is nice to read so many posts about how down to earth the crew seemed, especially Jim & the kids. What a great experience for your son to have. :)

Just read in this weeks people that the group was on a 10day disney cruise....maybe they meant a 7day....

Must have been fun seeing them aboard....can't wait to see that episode

Does anyone know when this show airs? Great story!!

Hi! We were also on the "Jim" cruise, and all of our experiences with Jim B. and cast and crew were positive! We ran into him a few times at the Internet Cafe (once he was dressed in a black Mexican outfit with a fake moustache - must have been in between taping scenes!).

One evening my daughter said Jim B. came to the Oceaneer's Lab with a young child (she think's it was the boy from the show) and the counselors invited them to come in and play. He signed autographs for the kids and they enjoyed seeing him.

The next day my daughter spotted Jim B. in the line while we were eating lunch at Topsiders. Then she laughed because he went over to check out the food in the "Kids line"!

I watched him tape an interview at Castaway Cay and he said he appreciates people when they want a photo or autograph (so of course I took some photos!).

He just seemed like a regular guy - no movie star attitude!

Julie
:earsgirl:

Originally posted by jlawall
Does anyone know when this show airs? Great story!!

From what I've read, there will be two episodes, they will be shown on Feb. 24th and Mar. 2nd.

What a 'magical' time you and your family must have had! I love hearing how some stars manage to stay grounded and down-to-earth. He really seems like a great guy! I caught a glimpse of him last night at the Golden Globe awards and I'm sure he would have liked to be back on board again! Thanks for sharing!!

He sounds just like I imagined...the guy next door kinda person. I am glad you all had a great time with the filming going on. I cannot wait to see the episodes!::MinnieMo

I was so glad to read that Jim and the rest of the crew were friendly. Sounds like jim was an exceptionaly nice guy. I was worried it would be another Paige Davis expierence and ruin another one of my favorite shows for me. I can't wait to watch the episodes!

I met Jim Belushi once at a private party that a company I work with had hired him and his band to perform at. He mingled with the handful of people at the bar an hour or so before the show. He was extremely nice and very laid back. I am not surprised he was like that on the cruise.

Sorry one more question....what time is this show on?

Originally posted by bwcb4
My teenage son wanted to know who paid for the games. Jim treated them all.

It just takes a moment to make a life long lasting impression, doesn't it!!

Hurrah for Jim!

Rae

Originally posted by makaylee
I was so glad to read that Jim and the rest of the crew were friendly. Sounds like jim was an exceptionaly nice guy. I was worried it would be another Paige Davis expierence and ruin another one of my favorite shows for me. I can't wait to watch the episodes!

What was the Paige Davis experience???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter