• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Believe me when I say that the magic is far from dead!!

coozieman

Mouseketeer
I need to share this incredible story as to the ending of my grand daughters- Lilli - first Disney trip:

Went to MK this past Thursday for our last day of our 6 day trip before our 9:30 pm flight home. Around noon she started to complain about a sore stomach. By 1:15 she proceeded to get terribly sick, both inside and outside of the Crystal Palace before spending the next 4+ hours at the First Aid Station - forcing us to change our flights until Friday.

Now this is where it gets crazy. We had already checked out of All Star Movies hotel that morning - leaving is no where to take her back too for what we had hoped would be a quick nap and allow us to travel home that night. After calling the hotel direct and then the "main number" I wasn't able to get a room anywhere at a reasonable rate. I made my way to Guest Services at MK where a phenomenal CM named Mage was able to help book us a room at Pop Century for $188. After I hung up, he asked what the rate was and said he'd be back shortly to see if there was anything else he could do for us.

He returns with his Team Leader - Patricia - who first asks how "my princess" was feeling and if she needed to be checked out by paramedics. She then proceeds to apologize that our last day at WDW was going to end like this and not to worry as her job is to ensure that every guest is 101% satisfied. She then proceeds to tell me that she has spoken with Pop and the room had been taken care of and my credit card was credited back.

But it doesn't end there! She then hands me a $150 gift card to cover any additional expenses - food, toiletries etc...

But there's more - she says to bring both my daughter (25) and Lilli to the shops on Main Street once they leave Medical so they could get out of their soiled clothe and into new Disney garb, which consisted of a Minnie Dress/jumper for Lilli and shorts and tank top for my daughter

But there's still more - she gives us a taxi voucher so we didn't have to take the bus to Pop. We made the short walk to the Contemporary and they immediately got us a huge van so she'd be more comfortable. The cab driver was extremely accomodating as the poor thing continued to throw up in the back of his van (not in the van but in these great Disney provided medical bags!)

But wait there's still more!! They handed me (3) 1 day park tix with hopper - non expirable - good for any time.

At this point, an overwhelming feeling started to take over me - and not embarrassed to say that I shed a few tears. Patricia reached over and put her hand on mine and said "It's gonna be ok". I asked for both of heir last names so I could write a letter and she said thank you for the offer, but it's not necessary as this is their job and this what they do for WDW - create memories and magic.

As we were ready to exit the park - out she comes and introduces herself to my daughter and Lilli :)

Once we arrived at Pop - (side note - I'll never stay at a Value other than here again. Forgot how much nicer and more of a resort feeling hotel this is over any of the Allstar Resorts) one of the greaters outside saw how sick she was and brought me right up to check-in as Lilli made her way to the lobby bathroom with her Mom. As soon as I gave them my name - she brought over another Team Lead - read the notes that were tagged to my reservation and had my magic band re-programmed within a few minutes. They also saw that we had no luggage as our bags were already enroute to MCO (checked them in at ASM at 9:00 that morning) I stated that we had a bunch of carry ons at Bell Svcs and they immediately sent a runner there and had our bags - which contained a few comfort items - Mickey blanket, a few stuffed animals etc... and the bags arrived within 45 minutes at our room!

As I was leaving checkin - the Team Lead handed me a bag containing tooth brush, tpaste, deodorant and a few other items - along with a Lion King coloring book and crayons for Lilli.

I made my way to the gift shop and bought her a nightgown, a pack of princess "undergarments", pedialite, desiten, socks and a Minnie pillow pet!

We woke up the next morning and she was feeling well enough to travel and we boarded our 1:30 non-stop flight home to Buffalo. (Fast forward to 1:00 a.m. last night - both me and my daughter have the same nasty flu bug!)

So there you have it folks - TRUE BLUE DISNEY MAGIC - the reason why I return year after year after year!!

Tears in my eyes after reading this. Disney truly is unbelievably amazing. Talk about going above and beyond. You definitely went through a sickness nightmare, but how wonderful they made it as easy as possible for you. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you for sharing this. There are wonderful CM's who do wonderful things for those who don't expect them. I am sorry you had to deal with the nasty flu though!

Wow. I am actually teared up.

Hope you all feel better soon.

Please do write in about their exceptional service. I know they said that is their stndard, but I'm are disney would appreciate hearing your response to what they did.

wow, that sure is some pixie dust. I'm glad to hear there is still magic and CM's who did such a great job. I'm am sorry the little one got sick, and then you two. get well soon​

Now you will have to plan your redo! What lovely care they took of you. Sorry you all got sick, ugh.

I need to share this incredible story as to the ending of my grand daughters- Lilli - first Disney trip:

Went to MK this past Thursday for our last day of our 6 day trip before our 9:30 pm flight home. Around noon she started to complain about a sore stomach. By 1:15 she proceeded to get terribly sick, both inside and outside of the Crystal Palace before spending the next 4+ hours at the First Aid Station - forcing us to change our flights until Friday.

Now this is where it gets crazy. We had already checked out of All Star Movies hotel that morning - leaving is no where to take her back too for what we had hoped would be a quick nap and allow us to travel home that night. After calling the hotel direct and then the "main number" I wasn't able to get a room anywhere at a reasonable rate. I made my way to Guest Services at MK where a phenomenal CM named Mage was able to help book us a room at Pop Century for $188. After I hung up, he asked what the rate was and said he'd be back shortly to see if there was anything else he could do for us.

He returns with his Team Leader - Patricia - who first asks how "my princess" was feeling and if she needed to be checked out by paramedics. She then proceeds to apologize that our last day at WDW was going to end like this and not to worry as her job is to ensure that every guest is 101% satisfied. She then proceeds to tell me that she has spoken with Pop and the room had been taken care of and my credit card was credited back.

But it doesn't end there! She then hands me a $150 gift card to cover any additional expenses - food, toiletries etc...

But there's more - she says to bring both my daughter (25) and Lilli to the shops on Main Street once they leave Medical so they could get out of their soiled clothe and into new Disney garb, which consisted of a Minnie Dress/jumper for Lilli and shorts and tank top for my daughter

But there's still more - she gives us a taxi voucher so we didn't have to take the bus to Pop. We made the short walk to the Contemporary and they immediately got us a huge van so she'd be more comfortable. The cab driver was extremely accomodating as the poor thing continued to throw up in the back of his van (not in the van but in these great Disney provided medical bags!)

But wait there's still more!! They handed me (3) 1 day park tix with hopper - non expirable - good for any time.

At this point, an overwhelming feeling started to take over me - and not embarrassed to say that I shed a few tears. Patricia reached over and put her hand on mine and said "It's gonna be ok". I asked for both of heir last names so I could write a letter and she said thank you for the offer, but it's not necessary as this is their job and this what they do for WDW - create memories and magic.

As we were ready to exit the park - out she comes and introduces herself to my daughter and Lilli :)

Once we arrived at Pop - (side note - I'll never stay at a Value other than here again. Forgot how much nicer and more of a resort feeling hotel this is over any of the Allstar Resorts) one of the greaters outside saw how sick she was and brought me right up to check-in as Lilli made her way to the lobby bathroom with her Mom. As soon as I gave them my name - she brought over another Team Lead - read the notes that were tagged to my reservation and had my magic band re-programmed within a few minutes. They also saw that we had no luggage as our bags were already enroute to MCO (checked them in at ASM at 9:00 that morning) I stated that we had a bunch of carry ons at Bell Svcs and they immediately sent a runner there and had our bags - which contained a few comfort items - Mickey blanket, a few stuffed animals etc... and the bags arrived within 45 minutes at our room!

As I was leaving checkin - the Team Lead handed me a bag containing tooth brush, tpaste, deodorant and a few other items - along with a Lion King coloring book and crayons for Lilli.

I made my way to the gift shop and bought her a nightgown, a pack of princess "undergarments", pedialite, desiten, socks and a Minnie pillow pet!

We woke up the next morning and she was feeling well enough to travel and we boarded our 1:30 non-stop flight home to Buffalo. (Fast forward to 1:00 a.m. last night - both me and my daughter have the same nasty flu bug!)

So there you have it folks - TRUE BLUE DISNEY MAGIC - the reason why I return year after year after year!!
Love reading your story of true Disney magic!

hope you a dn your family are all well and healthy now. thank you for sharing this wondeful story and recognizing these amazing CMs who sprinkled pixie dust on your trip. hope the recognition letter will get in the good hands to enourgae other CMs to do good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter