Beirgarten or Teppan Edo?

Karmel96

Wherever you go...there you are!
We are going in early December with another family of 4 (kids are same ages). Most of us are fairly adventurous eaters so both places will work. I haven't been to either and am wondering which has the better food and/or experience. We are planning on going at dinner time.
Thanks in advance for any input!:love:

What are the ages of the kids?? If they are younger they may like being able to get up on the dance floor at Biergarten... I haven't been to Teppan Edo, but I think older kids may enjoy it more.

Hands down Teppan Edo! This is a must do every trip for us. The food is really good and the chefs are entertaining.

"Hands down" Biergarten. While I enjoy Teppan Edo, I can go anywhere in my city and find several Japanese steakhouses, but I cannot find a German restaurant anywhere near me.

What are the ages of the kids?? If they are younger they may like being able to get up on the dance floor at Biergarten... I haven't been to Teppan Edo, but I think older kids may enjoy it more.

The 4 kids will be 13, 12, and two 9 year olds. I don't see any of them dancing!:laughing: (too bad- it would great for Facebook!).

given the ages of the kids I would definitely say Teppan Edo. My son loves it and my boss has 4 kids the same age as the others and they love Teppan Edo.

The 4 kids will be 13, 12, and two 9 year olds. I don't see any of them dancing!:laughing: (too bad- it would great for Facebook!).

given the ages of the kids I would definitely say Teppan Edo. My son loves it and my boss has 4 kids the same age as the others and they love Teppan Edo.

I just love it when ppl say "go to Biergarten, my kids had fun on the dance floor". YA RIGHT! The day I see my preteen busting a move on the dance floor to oompah. LMAO! Not gonna happen! :rotfl2:

Anywho, I'd say hands down Teppan Edo! :thumbsup2 Esp for kids about that age. My DS12 loooves that place. He enjoys both the food & entertainment. The chefs are awesome! Its one of our fave places to eat. He didnt care for the food or band at Biergarten thou. He thought it was 'lame'. He's a preteen, what do you expect? :lmao: He didnt care for the food either. He thought Teppan was way better. I do agree with him. The filet at Teppan is so tender and flavourful. YUMMY!

I just love it when ppl say "go to Biergarten, my kids had fun on the dance floor". YA RIGHT! The day I see my preteen busting a move on the dance floor to oompah. LMAO! Not gonna happen! :rotfl2:

Anywho, I'd say hands down Teppan Edo! :thumbsup2 Esp for kids about that age. My DS12 loooves that place. He enjoys both the food & entertainment. The chefs are awesome! Its one of our fave places to eat. He didnt care for the food or band at Biergarten thou. He thought it was 'lame'. He's a preteen, what do you expect? :lmao:

LOL!! My DS is 15 and he wouldn't have ever been caught dead on the dance floor. He would have given me a look that could kill. Even now I think I would still get the same kind of look. The "yeah right mom" look that I know so well these days!! LOL!!

For us definitely Teppan Edo, I was not impressed with Biergarten. It was just alright for us, I don't think we'd ever bother to go again. But DH actually requested that we do Teppan Edo again on our upcoming trip :thumbsup2

Another vote for Teppan Edo. The grill in front is fun to watch. Also our chef did tricks.

While I did enjoy teppanado immensly I left that place starving! Our portions were tiny! Not sure if that varys depending on the chef but overall I did love it! I also love Biergarten but I grew up in a very German household and enjoy that cooking reminds me of my Moms cooking!
Either way they both are great!

These are 2 of our families favorite restaurants! They are both great and entertaining! We love them both! I think I would go with Germany! It's a fun experience and something yummy for everyone.

I have eaten at both. Both are good. However, I would eat at Biergarten.
It' so cute and quaint on the inside and food is great!

Thanks!
Polyprincess:

Half the reason I'm taking my kids (12 and 15) to Epcot for their 1st time is so they can experience Biergarten. Awesome!

Biergarten is our must do everytime! I wouldn't mind trying Teppan at some point if we could fit it in on a different Epcot day. Even my picky kids were able to find something to eat and of course, the beer!

Hmmm... I was just wondering the same thing as the OP. But my kids are younger... and we've been to Biergarten. Should we go back to Biergarten or try Teppan?? If we go to Teppan, is it alright for my almost 2 year old??

I have not eaten at Teppen Edo, but I have heard many say that while it is good, it is pretty much identical to just about any hibatchi you'd go to at home. the chef will flip food into your mouth, light his hat on fire, and make a volcano out of an onion. While fun, is pretty common.

Biertgarten (sp) is a much more unique disney experience. the food is good, the soft pretzel roles are to die for, I love the beer flight there, and it's actually the cheapest buffet in a theme park for lunch at around $20 per adult. the show is a nice touch as well.

I have not eaten at Teppen Edo, but I have heard many say that while it is good, it is pretty much identical to just about any hibatchi you'd go to at home. the chef will flip food into your mouth, light his hat on fire, and make a volcano out of an onion. While fun, is pretty common.

Biertgarten (sp) is a much more unique disney experience. the food is good, the soft pretzel roles are to die for, I love the beer flight there, and it's actually the cheapest buffet in a theme park for lunch at around $20 per adult. the show is a nice touch as well.

Yes this is exactly what i would say. OP, if you have a Japanese hibachi steakhouse near home, go there. In WDW, go to Biergarten! It is much more unique than Teppan Edo. If you don't have hibachi, I'd call it a toss-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter