• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being The CEO

C U AT DISNEY

Mouseketeer
If you were the CEO of Disney or if you could change things around Disney World what would they be.. I don't know if I would change anything except Stitches Great Escape, everything else is just perfect..

James

Get rid of the dining plan, and build an Emperors New Groove waterpark. And put the stuff back in Spaceship Earth.

1) I would add a non-drop side for Splash Mountain -- so the little kiddies can ride it, too, without the scary drop.

2) I would expand the monorail system to include more parks/resorts.

3) I would put the original Journey Into Imagination ride back.

4) I would make more dark rides a la Peter Pan.

5) I would add a new section to the Magic Kingdom that puts back the old favs -- If You Could Fly, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc. -- and theme the area to some of the classic Disney movies that us older folks can appreciate -- Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, the Wind in the Willows. (I never thought I'd call myself one of the older folks at age 39 -- but I'm just out of that thrill-ride phase of life and miss some of the rides/movies from when I was a kid!!!!)

6) On a non-park note, I would stop cranking out total crap straight-to-DVD movies -- I believe I saw Bambi III advertised on the Disney Channel the other day. I truly think Walt must be rolling over in his grave over that one. Isn't there a famous quote from him where he said he didn't do sequels because he was always on the lookout for new, fresh ideas?

edited to add: I've never watched Bambi III, so it may be the most brilliant piece of film to come out in decades for all I know. If that's the case and someone out there loves this movie, I heartily apologize. It just didn't sound like a very good idea to me.

2) I would expand the monorail system to include more parks/resorts.

That would be REALLY hard to do financially speaking. I forget who it was but on my last trip I remember somebody, maybe a monorail pilot (heck it might have been a tv show), saying that because of how the pillars have to be dug all the way down to bedrock because of the swampy squishy ground that it would cost about a million dollars PER POST. Even if they were able to engineer the track to safely span further between the posts there still wouldn't be enough money to do it.
Monorail side note, the track pieces were made in washington state and trucked all the way there.

I don't think that a light rail would be out of the question though, they could lay track at ground level for a lot less money and style the trains really cool so that they wouldn't be like stepping back to the mass transit of your home city.
A light rail system would also have the flexibility to change the length of the trains for peak days, or split them up into a bunch of short cars in succession around opening/closing time.

I'd overhaul the indy motor speedway... I haven't been on the one at disneyland since they re-did it 7 years ago but it looks really cool (saw it under construction in '00). they could make it more like that and incorporate the CARS theme into it (I also haven't seen that movie yet)

3) I would put the original Journey Into Your Imagination ride back.

I hope this is a joke and you mean the original Journey Into Imagination. Journey Into YOUR Imagination was the version where Figment was removed all together, and was unanimously the worst (and shortest lived) version of the attraction.

I hope this is a joke and you mean the original Journey Into Imagination. Journey Into YOUR Imagination was the version where Figment was removed all together, and was unanimously the worst (and shortest lived) version of the attraction.

YES! Thanks for the correction! I meant Journey Into Imagination. The very first incarnation of the ride.

I guess you can see why I'm not the CEO of Disney. :)

I would bring back River Country, keep it lake water but make it safe to swim in-BTW, I am still alive & I have swam there countless times, plus many times at the Poly's beach.

I would also bring back the make your own pizza place in the camp ground area. The last time I remember going to that place was in the 80's. But it was fun.

I would obviously bring down the price of tickets/rooms so everyone could enjoy it & I bet if I did that, more people would come (think Field of Dreams-if you build it they will come...well if we can pay less more will come).

I would give discounts to frequent visitors. Like if you have visited any of the parks 0-3 times you get 5% off even if you have a code/AAA/or any other discount. 3-6 times 10%. 6-10-15%, 10-20-20% & 20+ 25%. Or maybe if you have visited 50 times you could get free park tickets.

Obviously it would have to be different for day time visitors/FL residents.

1. I would give the option of being able to purchase an all-day FAST PASS.

2. I agree with bringing back some of the old rides. They could put them all in the Magic Kingdom, in an area named Disney Classics (like the cartoon series).

3. I would encorporate WAY more Lion King attractions at Animal Kingdom. When I went there in November I felt like there wasn't anything relating to the movie (except for the Festival of the Lion King). I mean, HELLO! It's the LION KING and Animal Kingdom. There should be rides and attractions with the movie.

4. I also agree that there should be more classic movie rides/attractions: Bednobs and Broomsticks, The Jungle Book (could be at AK), 101 Dalmations, The Three Caballeros, Pete's Dragon, Robin Hood, Etc.

5. DUDE, update the Snow White Ride. It was L-A-M-E. I mean, seriously folks- they were using plywood cut-outs that were obvious hand-painted with black-light colors and stuff. It was just BAD. :sad2:

6. I agree with getting rid of the Stiches Adventure thing. It wasn't so good.

7. I would totally re-do the food at the Disney Hollywood Studios. There were NO healthy options. Everything was fried fried and then fried again. We found a place that had a chicken wrap, and I couldn't even eat it. It looked like something even and airline wouldn't serve.
Also, there were the streets of New York (very cool, since I live in Manhattan) but where were the HOT DOG / PRETZEL STANDS??? :confused3 Also, there should have been an amazing pizza restaurant or two.

That's all I can think of for now...

Of course a lot of this is not possible but...if money was no object and I could do whatever I wanted...:)

Magic Kingdom:
-Turn the Swiss Family Treehouse into Tarzan's Treehouse and completely re-do it and make it more interactive and fun
-Re-do the Jungle Cruise's animatronics
-Have a permanent Jack Sparrow meet and greet next to Pirates
-Build a nice sit down restaurant in Adventureland
-Give Peter Pan's Flight a great update with better animatronics and effects
-Either completely re-do Snow White or get rid of it and put a Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty dark ride there
-Add an Alice in Wonderland ride to Fantasyland
-Get rid of Pooh's Playful Spot, build The Little Mermaid dark ride that was on the DVD next to Ariel's Grotto
-Add permanent Princess and Tinkbell meet and greets in Fantasyland (meeting in Fantasyland makes more sense than Toontown..)
-Get rid of the fair theme in Toontown and simply make it Toontown
-Retheme the area around the Tea Cups and Cosmic Rays and make a better entrance for Tomorrowland on that side (it's the one part of the park I don't think is themed well.)
-Get rid of the Speedway and use that space for a great new E-ticket indoor ride for Tomorrowland
-Get rid of Stitch's Great Escape and put a great new attraction there (completely gut it, don't just retheme Alien Encounter again)
-Give Buzz Lightyear a great update, change the guns (so they are more like Men in Black guns) and just refresh everything
-Keep Carousel of Progress but update it and continually change the last scene so it's up to date
-Give Space Mountain a big refubishment
-Add a great new daytime parade, keep Spectromagic but give it a great big refubishment and add better floats and more characters

Epcot:
-Get rid of Leave a Legacy and make the entrance to the park more beautiful
-Change the narration on Spaceship Earth back to Jeremy Irons
-Make the new ending to Spaceship Earth more interesting
-Either completely change Ellen's Energy Adventure or get rid of it altogether and build a brand new energy pavillion
-Put a really cool weather pavillion with an exciting e-ticket ride where Wonders of Life is
-Have a better themed Character Connection
-Add a third theater to Soarin
-Completely re-do the imagination pavillion. Keep a figment attraction but make it different. Get rid of Honey I Shrunk the Audience but put a new 3-D show there
-Add a cool white water rafting ride to Canada - but don't get people TOO wet
-Add some kind of Aladdin dark ride to Morocco
-Add a gondola ride in Italy
-Keep Maelstrom but re-do and make it longer if possible. Also add a seperate exit for people who don't want to wait to skip a movie
-Have more permanent meet and greets in World Showcase
-Add a nighttime parade

Hollywood Studios:
-Re-do the Great Movie Ride. Add more recognizable movies and get a new script
-Completely re-do the area from Indiana Jones to Star Tours
-Get rid of the Indiana Jones show and put an Indy dark ride there. Make it different from the California one (so it won't be too much like Dinosaur) but keep the same idea and make it different each time
-Completely re-do Star Tours and make an amazing new Star Wars ride
-Change the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground into a Bugs Life playground
-Somehow make the Backlot Tour more interesting...have a different preshow, add more interesting recognizable props, spend more time in costuming (since it's the only somewhat interesting thing on the tour to me now) but keep the Canyon I guess
-After Toy Story Mania opens add more attractions to the Pixar section of the part. Maybe add a Ratatouille restaurant and an Incredibles ride
-Re-do the Voyage of the Little Mermaid theatre. Make the show a little more like the Broadway version and don't skip over half the movie. Since the show would be longer make it not continuous
-Move some animators back to Hollywood Studios and make the animation tour more interesting. Add more fun interactive things to the post show
-Have more meet and greets and add a Giselle meet and greet
-Make the Beauty and The Beast Show more like the Broadway version and re-do the threatre
-Add a great big two-story Broadway type theatre to the park and put the Aladdin show from DCA there
-Get rid of the Pocahontas scene in Fantasmic, use the Peter Pan scene instead. Also add more Princesses (Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty) to the Princess part
-In general, just try to better the theming of this park

Animal Kingdom:
-Add more animal exibits all around the park. If I don't go on the safari or walk the trails I hardly ever see any animal except for birds and maybe monkeys. I like how at Busch Gardens it seems like you see more animals
-Re-theme the Dinoland area (especially the Chester and Hester area) since it's the only part of the park that doesn't have great theming
-Add a Fantasyland-like dark ride based on an animated movie (maybe the Lion King, Bambi or Jungle Book? Something with animals of course..) I would probably put it in Camp Minnie-Mickey or Africa
-Add another dark ride but make it more like Pirates with boats

General:
-Expand the monorail to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom
-Add a pirates water park

A good start would be to reopen all the things that have closed over the past 15 years.

Adventureland Veranda
Davy Crocket Canoes
Keil boats
Diamond Horseshoe
Penny Arcade
Main Street Cinema
Wonders of Life
Pasta Piazza
Odyssey

More dark rides and an E-ticket in the 20k Leagues area
Bring back the original Tiki Room
Update Universe of Energy
Bring back the original Imagination and Image Works.
Get rid of the Epcot graveyard
Rides for Italy, Japan and Germany
More countries
New land for AK
More restaurants and family rides for AK.
DHS - blow it up and start over, except for Sunset Blvd.

No more "seasonal" restaurants and rides
All rides open from park open to close.
Eliminate Fastpass and the dining plan
Monorail to DHS, AK, BB, TL, DTD and Epcot resorts
Peoplemovers to other resorts
Return maintanance and cleaning to past/higher levels.

Disney111, I TOTALLY agree with you. You had some amazing points!

And why did they get rid of the Penny Arcades? When I went this past November, I totally went looking for it, and of course now it's a store. Poo.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that?

And I thought I had the place down after all of this time :laughing:

the pillars with all the tiny laser engraved pictures that people paid to have taken and put up there... they look like headstones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter