Being swept at 5k?

Gamblers

Mouseketeer
I know that this question has been ask some where but I have searched high and low here, YouTube and internet searches but I have not found a concrete answer.
I have a group that is wanting to do the 5k for January 2023. We seen a lot of medals and people having fun at this years marathon in January. So we decided that we would give it a go. The majority of this group is walking any where from 15 minute/mile to 22 minute/mile. I know it is still a long time off so maybe these times will get faster. I know they will not let you continue running/walking for 5 hours after the start but I would figure my group could be done in a couple hours. So my question is….

Can you be swept at the 5k?

Basically, no. But the slower you go, the more likely it is that they will start closing the photo stops before you get there, so it might not be as much fun if you’re really really slow. But even at 22 minutes/mile, that’s only an hour or so on course, and that’s totally normal (I was on course for an hour and 13 minutes for the princess 5K, including photo stops)

The majority of this group is walking any where from 15 minute/mile to 22 minute/mile....I would figure my group could be done in a couple hours.

22 minutes per mile has your group finishing not even 1.5 hours after the start.

If people are injured or winded and stop to sit quite often, eventually they'll start urging you to keep going. You wouldn't be surprised (even with the princess half we had a full 2 miles, and actually more than that, notice of the pacers coming up).

I did the Princess 5K this year, 2 months post op from my 2nd knee replacement, 3 months post op from my 1st knee replacement. So I was far from fast. Didn't run a single step. With bathroom stops I averaged 30 min miles. There were lots of folks still on the course behind me. Because lines for characters were long

The worse thing about the race, the placement of the bus stops! Due to them, my step count total, by the time I was on the bus back to the resort, totaled 5 miles.

I've finished runDisney 5K races in just over 90 minutes including photo stops. But this year I noticed they had already closed off photo lines during the WDW 5K for the slower runners such as myself who started from the last corral.

I've finished runDisney 5K races in just over 90 minutes including photo stops. But this year I noticed they had already closed off photo lines during the WDW 5K for the slower runners such as myself who started from the last corral.
Yea, I was in the last 10 or so runners to start the 5K. I was able to get 3 pictures before they started closing them off at 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter