Being realistic, how far is this addy from WDW?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by luvdisney77, Jan 2, 2010.

1. luvdisney77

luvdisney77 Mouseketeer

It says 15 minutes in the ad, but it looks WAY farther away than that. Debating on Buena Vista Suites or this place. We have 5 kids, one of which will only be 5 months old at the time, so proximity to WDW is an issue. (we want mid-day breaks). Here's the addy (it's on their website, so it's public knowledge). THANK YOU!!!

1518 Blue Sky Way
    Clermont, FL

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sympatico

sympatico DIS Veteran

For me that address area would be a little far out for mid-day breaks. The 15 minutes might get you to Disney Property but I'd say it's more like 20 or more to get to the property and more if there's a lot of traffic on 192.
    Buena Vista Suites is fairly close to the Epcot / DTD area, better if you want to come back mid-day.
    We usually stay in Windsor Hills or the Formosa Gardens area. That's only 5 minutes from AKingdom. We have taken breaks mid-day and gone back in later in the day.

4. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

I would not be looking anywhere in Clermont if I wanted to take mid-day breaks. But, with five kids, I'd want something bigger than a suite at BVS. I'd recommend looking for a 2BR or larger unit somewhere for sure.

5. loveysbydesign

loveysbydesign I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream

Try Windsor Hills..it's newer, awesome, affordable and 10-15 minutes to all the parks tops! We took breaks when we stayed there with no problems at all! www.windsorhillsrent.com:thumbsup2

6. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

The closest Disney theme park is Animal Kingdom, about 8 miles from that location. Based on my recollection of how long it takes from the end of SR 192 to Disney I'd say that 15 minutes is a little hopeful - if you only get green lights and there's little or no traffic. I think it would be close to 20 minutes from there to AK. Other mileages - about 12 or 13 miles to Disney Hollywood Studios, around 14 miles to Epcot, 14 to 15 miles to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.

Dick Taylor

7. KayR

KayR DIS Veteran

From Google...
    Just bear in mind that these times assume no traffic, so depending on the time of year you are going and also the time of day, your commute may be longer.

Also driving times are to the parking lot (approx) - allow time to get into the park (which can take time, especially at MK)

Driving directions to Disney's Animal Kingdom
    8.0 mi – about 18 mins

Driving directions to Epcot
    13.8 mi – about 26 mins

Driving directions to Disney's Magic Kingdom
    11.4 mi – about 23 mins
    (Note wasn't 100% sure about the route Google advised as it appeared to use small service roads, so I re-did it using regular roads as per below.)

Driving directions to Disney's Magic Kingdom
    14.6 mi – about 29 mins

Driving directions to Disney's Hollywood Studios
    12.0 mi – about 22 mins

HTH

-Kay

8. DVC~OKW~96

DVC~OKW~96 <font color=green>I'm not big on gold as a color.

Remember, there is more than one route to take. :)

You can take the 429 to WDW now, and that would drop you right by Coronado Springs.

Clermont is an easy drive from WDW, with little traffic, particularly if you go via a route that avoids 192.

9. So_Money

So_Money Mouseketeer

If you consider the average bus ride via Disney Transport (including waiting) is on average 20-30 mintues, I think driving your own car 10-15 miles away would beat that time.

10. luvdisney77

luvdisney77 Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of your advice. :O)

11. vettechick99

vettechick99 <font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br

If you don't go the Windsor Hills route (a house), look into Bonnet Creek. We are getting a 2-bedroom condo for $840/week (rent through vacationupgrades.com). It's next to Caribbean Beach so it's basically on property and very easy to get to for afternoon breaks.

Here is my review. After always staying on property (value, mod, deluxe and DVC), we really love BC!

BC

12. luvdisney77

luvdisney77 Mouseketeer

Thanks!!!! I was JUST looking into this!!!:cool1: