Being Pregnant and getting a fast-pass

Melissa518

Mouseketeer
I thought I read somewhere that if you are pregnant, your party gets a fast-pass for all of the rides. Now I can totally be wrong, but just wanted to know if this info was true. I don't plan on abusing the system, but if the offer is out there I would take advantage of it.

I thought I read somewhere that if you are pregnant, your party gets a fast-pass for all of the rides. Now I can totally be wrong, but just wanted to know if this info was true. I don't plan on abusing the system, but if the offer is out there I would take advantage of it.
I'm sorry, I don't know where you heard that, but it is not true.

Thanks for the info! I think I saw it in the unofficial book, and I just figured I would ask .

Thanks for the info! I think I saw it in the unofficial book, and I just figured I would ask .
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World? I have copies from 2004 and 2007 and I subscribe to their site, touringplans.com, every year and I haven't ever seen that info. So unless it's in the latest edition and I missed it. But, I would think a hot topic like that would have already made it on to the DIS, if that was the case. I, personally, have never heard or read that.

Agree--totally bogus info. ANYONE may get a fastpass regardless of whether they are pregnant or not. Your entire party is already "entitled" to fastpass use.

Now watch this thread----there will be some people who will post that they KNOW you can, they KNOW someone who did, they KNOW......

As a veteran of over 60 trips in my lifetime (and having been pregnant too) I can tell you this is a falsehood.

But boy imagine how long the fastpass lines would get if every visbly pregnant, pregnant but not showing yet, big enough to pass for pregnant, person got this "perk". :rotfl2:

No sorry, there are no accomodations for pregnant women and their parties.

You can still use your ticket to get FPs, and let someone else in your party use it, if you are unable to ride. That way someone in your group gets to ride twice.

I wonder if you read that you can get a FP, even though you are pregnant and can't ride the ride, and someone else in your party can use your FP?? You can do that.

You maybe getting confused with the "baby swap". I believe that one parent can ride, while the other waits with the smaller children, then when they get off, the other parent can ride with a fastpass ticket.

I'm flipping through the 2009 UG, and that is NOT in the book. If it is, I can't seem to find it. The UG is highly accurate--more so than any other guide book imo--and that is absolutely not true. I think you misread a recommendation to get FPs. Or maybe, like the pp said, you are getting confused with the baby swap information.

You maybe getting confused with the "baby swap". I believe that one parent can ride, while the other waits with the smaller children, then when they get off, the other parent can ride with a fastpass ticket.
Well, they send you back through the Fastpass line, but you are not given a fastpass. It is a ticket that says Rider Swap and is good for up to 3 people.

I have been to DW pregnant at least twice... and no there was nothing special. You get your one FP at a time and wait like everyone else.

If you are LUCKY someone may give up their seat on the bus for you ;)

Is it possible that the OP is referring to getting a "Guest Assistance Card" from customer relations?:confused3 I have seen those in the parks for guests in wheelchairs, special needs children, etc.

I was wrong, and confused. I seem to be that way the majority of the time while trying to plan this trip.:lmao:

What I read in the unofficial guide was the the woman got two fast passes, and her husband was able to ride without waiting in line.

Sorry for any confusion.

Is it possible that the OP is referring to getting a "Guest Assistance Card" from customer relations?:confused3 I have seen those in the parks for guests in wheelchairs, special needs children, etc.

Guests in wheelchairs do not need a GAC as the wheelchair is the signal to the CM. Almost all lines are Disney are mainstreamed to accomodate wheelchairs so her party would still need to either wait in the main line or obtain fastpasses.

Guests in wheelchairs do not need a GAC as the wheelchair is the signal to the CM. Almost all lines are Disney are mainstreamed to accomodate wheelchairs so her party would still need to either wait in the main line or obtain fastpasses.

There are though plenty of guests in wheelchairs who also have a GAC, because in addition to not being able to walk, they have some other special need that causes them to need access through an alternate entrance.

But than again, a GAC isn't handed out based on diagnosis (or pregnancy ;) ) but on needs that aren't met by standard available 'aids' like accessible waitlines AND that aren't visable needs.

So one 'just' using a wheelchair, does not need a GAC. A CM can spot that person is in a wheelchair, and will where need be refer the guest to the alteriour waitline and/or ask if he/she can transfer out of the chair or not. So most of us in a wheelchair do not need (nor use) a GAC, as there is no invisable unaddressed need that needs explaining to the CM's.

A GAC can be an option for certain needs like using a stroller like a wheelchair or needing a shaded waiting area (where one can be provided, that is), as those are non-visable needs not addressed by regular options.

Pregnancy in itself will never be a validation to get a GAC, for that OP would need to have specific needs that need to be (and can be!) addressed.

I don't ride thrill rides, so DD gets both of our fast passes and gets to ride twice. She loves it! Although I will say that if you want to wait in line with the rest of your party and duck out before the ride, they will make you have a valid fast pass, if you're going through the fast pass line. The good news is that even if you have to skip certain rides, there are lots of nice places to wait. I especially like shopping in the fun stores!

Mary

As was already pointed out, most people using wheelchairs don't need a Guest Assistance Card and no diagnosis makes anyone 'eligible' to get a Guest Assistance Card (GAC). It is based on needs, rather than diagnosis.

There is more information about GACs in post #6 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread (near the top of the disABILITIES Board or follow the link in my signature).

My mom had a GAC for her ankle. She isn't able to stand on her ankle for more than 20-30 minutes at a time. She isn't allowed to walk more than from like walking around a grocery store or anything LOL. She has osteoporosis (spell?) and the doctor said if she doesn't be careful with her ankle (which she has already had surgery on) then one day it will crumble underneath her. So at Disney she uses a wheelchair and usually gets the GAC card - but she only uses that card when a line is too long. If we are going on something with less than a 15-20 min. wait, she will wait with us and lean against the rail and kind of rest her ankle. We didn't have to prove anything. We did take in the handicap sticker hanger thing from the car to show them in case though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter